38

"So, you are saying..." Haechan trailed off, a finger tapping his chin as he looked elsewhere. "Soobin noona has opened her heart for you?"

Proudly, Sunwoo nodded. Since the beginning of his shift today, he made a fuss about his date with Chae Soobin. He told the chronology in detail as if it was compulsory for everyone to know.

Or, he did hope that the news would reach Chanhee's ears soon. Out of all people, he would like to see his boss' reaction. Would it be fear on his face, knowing that his best friend was dating his employee? How ecstatic it would be.

"Are you sure he's not delusional?" Haechan questioned Eric who happened tagging along to the cafe as the three loitered the counter.

"I've been hearing the story since this morning on the campus." Eric placed a palm on his chest and his face scrunched. "I couldn't tell whether he's delusional or he was imagining things."

At that, both Haechan and Eric laughed and Sunwoo on the other side grimaced, holding back the desire to hit them on the head. Well, wasn't it normal - to have people doubt when a beautiful girl was being the subject?

Sunwoo did fine, he would always be. Because deep down he knew, nobody could win Soobin's heart.

"You two are just jealous," he chuckled, crossing his arms over the navy blue apron hugging his body. "Just think about it. Why did she agree to go on a date with me if she doesn't like me?"

"He's delusional," Haechan said to Eric in a low tone but still, audible for the other boy to hear.

It was then that the door of the boss' office squeaked open, Chanhee eyed the counter where the three boys were now scattering in different directions. He never felt good every time his employees did that, but to know that they feared him somehow was ecstatic.

For the first time, Chanhee looked hesitant to barge into the working area like how he always did. He kept scratching the top of his head and squeezed his eyes tight as if it was a difficult decision he made.

It didn't go unnoticed, Sunwoo and Haechan noticed it but never dared to make eye contact - they pretended to be busy. While Haechan wiped the counter, Sunwoo had his brows scrunched while calculating the flavors containers.

Until Chanhee spoke up, "Haechan, please pack 2 slices of chocolate cake and 1 vanilla smoothie."

The said boy nodded, rushed to the drink station, and shoved Sunwoo away. It left the latter with no task, Sunwoo rubbed his nape at the awkwardness that his boss was now looking at him.

"I... shall go to the back."

Sunwoo was about to leave, he had already taken the first step but Chanhee stopped him with a strange question.

"Where did you go with Soobin yesterday?"

Taken aback, the boy lost all the functions inside his systems. Maybe it wasn't weird that Chanhee knew they were together but why he was so invested?

"W-We go skating," gulping, Sunwoo prepared himself for any consequences. What was the worst he could get? Chanhee won't be firing him right?

There was a subtle move of Chanhee's body as if he was being electrified. His lips were slightly apart and he blinked a few times. But, Sunwoo thought his boss was only surprised. So, he took the advantage to brag.

"She skated well even though it was her first time. And she-"

"Wait a minute," Chanhee stopped the boy almost immediately. "Did she tell you that? It was her first time?"

Confusion filled Sunwoo up, his brows couldn't be helped scrunching. However, he nodded not questioning further.

And the boss chuckled. "Why did she lie?"