44

"Chae, wait!" Changmin tried to match his pace with the girl ahead who just dashed out after parking her car at the campus parking lot. "I don't understand what is happening. Chae Soobin!"

His not-so-long legs surely didn't do much justice. With the bag hugging his back, he ran like a toddlers and screamed for Soobin's name, hoping that the girl could slow down.

Nonetheless, never did Soobin think to stop even though Changmin was screaming in the highest octave that sounded like a dolphin. She didn't hear his voice at all. Because all her focus was on one thing, on one person.

Stepping into the hallway, frantically her eyes scanned the area. She was sure that she could find him here because that was his routine.

"Soobin..." Changmin finally managed to catch her, panting as he cupped his waist. "Explain to me first. Where are you- Oh!!!"

Changmin hadn't done with his speech yet when Soobin zoomed further into the building. Her eyes darted in one direction, fury held her whole.

There he was - Lee Juyeon, shamelessly hooking up with his girl by the locker. Or should she say, Mihee was enjoying herself because Juyeon didn't seem happy with all the touches. This picture made Soobin think that Sunwoo should've known that this was the real disgust.

But, push that aside. She wasn't here to judge the shameless action but to confront the demeanour. He had gone overboard and Soobin won't remain silent unlike previously. Honestly, she was taken aback as well that she'd chosen to be this brave than the early days she broke up with him.

Roughly, she pulled Mihee away from Juyeon, making the girl stumble and Soobin glared right into Juyeon's eyes. Somehow, the boy softened and no tint of fury or surprise could be seen like he'd been expecting this.

"You and I need to talk," Soobin said in a low tone, trying to hold herself. "Privately."

"Hey, Chae Soobin!"

"You shut up!" She yelled and pointed to Mihee, cutting her which made the girl unable to lunge further. "I'm not talking to you. So, stay away."

At one point, Mihee looked surprised. While they were friends, while they were still close, never once Soobin had raised her voice at her. Let alone glaring and pointing at her face.

Perhaps, it was a surprise from the universe - changing those who were once best friends to enemies.

"Chae," it was then, Kevin and Changmin who came in opposite directions said in unison, they were worried about the attention she had. Other students had started pulling out their phones recording the ruckus.

"Calm down, what is it about?" Kevin came closer to the girl which Soobin didn't answer but the way her gaze changed had sent the signal. Kevin understood it right away.

"Well..." Juyeon finally spoke up after the long silence, fixing his shirt and smiling. "We should talk. Let's go."

He beckoned her and led the way to the empty unlocked lecture hall nearest. Contrary to being someone who had made a mistake, he looked cheerful as he held the door and asked her to go in first.

Inside, Soobin clenched her fists on both sides of her frame, trying to calm her breathing. The door closed with a click, Juyeon's big hand was still grasping the knob when she started.

"Must you be this childish?"

Furiously blinking, Juyeon subtly pondered. "What did I do?"

The girl scoffed. "Back then and now, I know it's all you, Juyeon. You spread the false rumours about me and Jacob. Why? You are the one who wanted to break up, so why did you crush me like this?"