40

The text read: It's not important whether Sunwoo has heard or not. What does is whether he believes or not.

4th sigh then escaped from between Soobin's lips as she let her head fall backward crashing the headrest of Jacob's car which she was occupying the passenger seat. It was quite disturbing that Jacob kept losing focus from the road, every so often glanced over at his sister.

"What with the long face?" He asked just after making a turn at a junction.

"Oh, nothing," she shrugged. "I'm worried I can't concentrate in class later."

"You should rest more at home. Who's going to campus right after getting discharged anyway?" Jacob complained most gently as he looked over at the girl before passing the main gate of the campus. "And I don't believe that's your reason."

"Huh?" Soobin panicked, suddenly it felt so hot inside the car though the air-con was on full blast. And that meant only one thing - she lied again.

Jacob chuckled, "That is Minju you're texting with right?"

"H-How do you know?"

"Because you're always sighing whenever you guys are having the girls' talk," he silently laughed, flashing his white teeth.

Soobin was left speechless at the reasoning made by her brother. Her face scrunched up funnily as she tried to recall some memories. Why couldn't she realize anything about herself but Jacob could? How meticulous her brother was to notice even a small thing about her?

"Wow..." Was the only thing that managed to leave her mouth.

It was then that Jacob parked his car right beside a boy who was standing at the curb with a thick black glasses frame adorning his face, he was waving as the familiar car made its appearance inside the campus.

"Hey, Changmin," Jacob greeted as soon as he jumped down the car. The boy slightly bowed, showing his respect. "Please look after her. She's still insisting to come."

"Don't worry. You got a deal," Changmin cutely assured, his head dramatically turned over where the girl came which was a bit startling to Soobin.

"Gosh... Sometimes, I can't adapt to your long neck." She said.

Changmin turned back to Jacob's direction, a hand pointed at the girl, "I think she's still under medication influence."

Jacob laughed, patting the boy's back in the process as he and his sister started their childish bickering. But, it didn't last long until a figure was being seen not too far from the point they were standing.

Jacob couldn't help smiling at the appearance of the kind boy whom he had almost forgotten about. The amount of laughter he consumed whenever he talked to him was the biggest. They shared a lot of the same interests despite the age difference. But it was all in the past because Jacob also had forgotten when was the last time he talked to him.

"Hey, Kevin!" Jacob called over, Changmin and Soobin stopped bickering and looked in that direction as well.

Kevin almost ran away as he met Changmin's eyes but Jacob kept flapping his hand in the air, asking him to come over. Conflicted, he decided to obey Jacob because he was the oldest.

"Hey, bro..." He greeted weakly, avoiding Changmin's gaze at all costs. "I-I heard Soobin was sick so I thought I wanted to... check on her."

Suddenly, a chuckle was heard - a bitter one. The person who had it shoved both of his hands in his jeans pockets and his face was full of hatred.

Soobin knew the sign, she was fully aware that Changmin would do something unpredictable because anywhere near to Kevin was suffocating. So, she tugged on his shirt and pursed her lips when they looked into each other's eyes.