41

"Oh, excuse me."

Sunwoo made a beeline through the sea of people within the compact room and almost bumped into a hot girl who suddenly jumped in his way. He really made an effort not to graze anyone against his skin, otherwise it would be a disaster.

That girl had been keeping her eyes on the handsome DJ since the beginning of the party and she was waiting for the perfect time to approach him. And now, she couldn't help but believe that they had fallen into a destiny to be running into each other.

"Hi, handsome," she boldly made a move as Sunwoo blinked, taking a step backward. "I love your performance. Perhaps, we can sit together?"

"I'm sorry but I can't," Sunwoo pursed his lips as he brought his phone between them. "I need to make a call. You're so lovely but next time."

At that, he swiftly walked away, dodging all the people again while the girl huffed in frustration for losing a boy.

It was the day when Juyeon had requested for Sunwoo to come to entertain the older's friend party. Eric tagged along as promised and had been missing within the crowd probably looking for a fling.

The room filled in with noises of people laughing, screaming, and also singing. For a brief moment, Sunwoo hoped there would be a small space for him to squeeze in like he wasn't here in the first place contributing to the noise.

He managed to raid a long couch in a corner at last which seemed to be unattractive to the other guests.

I wear the outfit you suggested - he typed in the message under the mirror selfie of him in a three-color hoodie - navy blue, red, and white, his thick lips cutely pouted.

It was definitely, nerve-wracking to wait for a reply. He found himself biting on his nail as he impatiently tapped his foot on the floor.

You look cute - the reply said and Sunwoo was ecstatic.

"She said I'm cute!" Internally screaming as he slumped against the couch, Sunwoo kicked the air as he enchanted alone, "Chae Soobin is complimenting me!"

Then a notification popped on his screen, '1 new message' written which made him so eager to read. For, he was anticipating more from the girl. And he smiled the widest at the picture sent from her.

Soobin didn't say anything, she just sent him the selfie of her standing across from the long mirror in a red wine dress, Jacob Bae was next to her striking a peace sign in a full suit.

Hadn't for Sunwoo's great memory, he might as well have forgotten that the two were attending a formal party with their parents. He almost threw a tantrum for being jealous to let her be seen in public in that prettiest appearance.

Possessive.

Glancing over his watch, the current time was 11.30 p.m. and the tiredness was so evident on her face though it was questionable whether she was just tired to socialize or the fact she was still recovering. Either one of that, he was concern.

Rest well later and see you tomorrow on our date - Sunwoo typed in the message rather carefully, his heart blooming with so much love at the thought of the date.

Ironic how someone like her was stuck in an elegant occasion with beautiful dresses and accessories and he was just mingling around in some loud types of parties. Their lifestyles were opposite but one thing united them well - they would be going on a date.

And that was enough to put away the differences of their selves.

"Sunwoo! Sunwoo! Kim Sunwoo!"

A loud voice calling for his name which was too familiar for the boy to ignore made him wipe the silly smile on his face out as he fixed his posture on the couch while looking over the picture for the 10th time.