16

Safely parked her car with just one try, Soobin unbuckled her seat belt before she whipped her head towards the passenger seat.

There, a surprise was greeted.

"Did I..." She trailed off, struggling to find the better words to describe the situation. "Did I drive too fast? Or dangerously?"

The figure who was occupying the seat awkwardly shook his head. He looked so scared, the color had drained from his face, and a hand was grasping on the belt that was hugging across his body.

Sunwoo was in a stony state.

"I... I'm fine," carefully, he unbuckled the seat belt. His head rolled towards her in the hardest way, Soobin could've sworn she heard the rusty gear of his ligaments cracked. "Y-You drove just fine."

Blinking, Soobin wasn't convinced and that was obvious. She laid her head against the steering wheel, staring at him without any words spoken. She was just waiting. For, she believed there would be something unraveling from here.

And she must admit that the psychological idea to make Sunwoo speak was effective, the boy was tossing and turning by the stare pierced.

"D-Don't look at me like that."

"Like what?" She straightened her body, still looking at him. "You look troubled. Sunwoo, I don't want to be an accomplice if you are caught skipping a class later. Tell me what's wrong, so I can think of an idea to help you escape."

It might sound dumb to say this, but Sunwoo felt his heart fluttered. The fact that Soobin was trying to help despite knowing that he also was wrong for skipping a class was something he never expected.

Had she opened her heart for him? Already?

But then, he shrugged. Thanks to the universe for snapping his head into the right mind. He was here not for anything, he was here to defend his life.

"Noona, I have to be honest with you." Desperately, he turned his whole body to face her, hoping for nothing but her attention. "I don't know if you've heard about this but I hope you will hear it directly from me."

"About what?"

"About me?"

A short silence.

Sunwoo was looking at her intently, eyes full of hope while the girl looked clueless. But that was her nature. That expression would be portrayed every time she was thinking.

"Is there anything else should I know other than you do DJing and you and Eric are Juyeon's close friends?" Soobin had her head pondered, anticipating the answer to her guess.

"No..." Calmly Sunwoo replied but then he flinched. "Wait, what? Noona, y-you know?"

She chuckled, unlocking the door of the white luxurious sedan before she jumped down, Sunwoo followed suit from the opposite door. Never did once the boy feel this scared with a girl and now he did.

"To answer your question, yes I know," she confirmed, nodding as she watched the boy scooted closer to her in front of the boot. "And to satisfy your curiosity, Changmin told me everything since Juyeon's party."

"What?"

It felt like a thousand swords were stabbing through his body from his back and all were thrown by Changmin. Why did it feel like a betrayal? So, did Changmin just want to mess with him, scare him for something unlikely would happen? But why?

"I don't understand why you want me to know." Soobin tutted, leading the way along the curb. Once in a while, she turned around, just to make sure that Sunwoo was trailing behind.