20

Groaning, Sunwoo tugged a handful of his hair. It shouldn't have happened this way but now it did, he knew something for sure. He'd messed up.

Out of all places, why must Chae Soobin run into him here -  in front of the bar? Some more, she'd seen him with a girl. Out of many days, why must today she be with Kevin who was waving toward him? If only she was alone, there would be a possibility that she couldn't see him.

But, wait a minute. That's the point - why she was alone with Kevin?

Sunwoo was about to ask when he overheard the quiet discussion of the two. Kevin had a concerned expression plastered over his face while Soobin was calm for what it seemed like assuring.

"Are you sure? I don't want to be killed later," Kevin said which the girl then giggled.

"No worries. I'll be fine," Soobin smiled which soon faded when she looked at Sunwoo. "I'll get going now, boys."

Kevin beamed with another set of vigorous waves as Soobin walked away which somehow made Sunwoo uneasy. She couldn't leave, not after the guilt crept into his heart.

"I'm here!" It was then, when Sunwoo was about to follow the girl, Eric appeared, holding him back. "Let's go home, dude."

Panicking, Sunwoo whipped his head back and forth between Eric and the girl whose back getting smaller in view. His head worked way too hard to find just an excuse to let himself slip away from his best friend's grasp.

One excuse.

And that was when a bulb lit up next to his head.

"Eric," he held his best friend's hand that was grasping onto his arm, swiftly shoved it away. "You can go home with Kevin."

"Huh?" The latter was confused, it was then he glanced over his shoulder and found the older. "Oh! Since when you are here?"

"Long enough to see Sunwoo shiver." Kevin laughed, beckoning Eric to take a look at the opposite side in the process.

Kim Sunwoo was now sprinting. If he needed to thank the universe for giving him a fit body and high stamina, this was the perfect time. Well, he didn't know that it would be so useful when it came to him chasing after his love.

His arm shoved forward until he managed to grasp Soobin's arm and turn her around by the impact. The girl was startled, her breath hitched and her legs almost turned jelly.

"Oh my god, Sunwoo," By reflex, she let herself off from the boy's grasp and took a step backward. "I thought you were a criminal."

Still panting, Sunwoo looked into her eyes - they were furious. She was angry, that was so obvious.

"Why were you with Kevin?" He unknowingly asked which received such a bad response.

"Excuse me?" She scoffed. "Is it wrong for me to go out with my friend?"

"That's the point. He's Juyeon's friend."

Soobin's eyes softened out of the blue, she definitely, caught the point. She couldn't blame Sunwoo anyway, he was right. Things had changed, and she was walking on eggshells if it ever meant for her to be seen alone with Kevin.

"He's still my friend." Soobin exhaled. "We want to see each other but of course, Changmin and Chanhee can't know. So, you have to keep it from them."

Taking one deep breath, Sunwoo smirked before he teasingly scoffed. Who knew he would be seeing this desperate side of Chae Soobin? That was precious.

"That's why you weren't in the cafe earlier..."

"I do skip. So what?" She sassily retaliated. "I'm leaving. Bye."