26

"Minju, shut up."

Soobin glanced over at her female friend, a warning tone was lacing her tone and the glare was quite evident to tell that she was mad.

Interesting, Sunwoo thought as he struggled to keep his smile from forming.

"Why? It's true, though." Minju - the girl, tried to spit out more secrets, however, her mouth was then cupped by Soobin's hand.

"I think, you should go to your suite first," Soobin said to Sunwoo and her eyes were pleading. "Chanhee is calling you."

She beckoned him to look around and the stupid decision of Sunwoo to glance over his shoulder resulted in him meeting the fiery orbs of the said male. He was cupping his hip and shouting a faint 'come here' when their eyes met.

Sunwoo sighed, or was it a scoff?

"What a waste," he tutted as he looked at the two females who were now talking through the gaze. "I'm interested in this conversation."

"Go now, Sunwoo!" Soobin instructed which made the boy obey but not without a teasing smirk on his face.

In every footprint he left on the sandy ground, it seemed to be something crept into his heart all of a sudden. It wasn't a bad thing - that was sure, but something that made him feel proud of himself. Maybe that was why, the smirk on his face was still there even though he was now stepping onto the concrete pavement of the building facade away from them.

He didn't know who was Minju and that could wait. Nonetheless, the statement that left her mouth a few minutes ago was the strongest point to show everyone that he had succeeded.

Slowly but surely Chae Soobin had started to open her heart for him. Though it was subtle, Kim Sunwoo was so sure that she had fallen for his charms. And he was sure, that this trip would be marked as a beginning to something he had been expecting for quite some time.

Or it wasn't.

By the time everyone had settled down, it was already late evening. The sun was about to go down the horizon and the view at the beach was indeed majestic.

Chanhee and Changmin were having an unserious talk with Soobin and Minju on the mat facing the ocean while waiting for the rest to do grilling - Sunwoo wasn't part of it, strangely.

And it was also strange that Soobin seemed to be looking up why he wasn't there.

"Sometimes, I hope I can be like Chanhee and Minju." Changmin suddenly spoke up, the sigh escaped his lips couldn't beat the sound of the waves hitting the shore. "Studying is exhausting. Is it too late to drop out and work and then get married?"

Snorting - everyone did.

"Are you drunk?" Chanhee was concerned. He glanced over at his face and added, "I think he is."

"You don't know how dying I am to further my study," Minju sighed, resting her head on Soobin's shoulder. "I only get to hear stories about campus from Soobin. They sound exciting."

"Life journey is different for each one of us. Sometimes, we have to jeopardize something though it's not of our own will." Choi Chanhee commented that surely sounded weird. Wise was never his thing and he noticed the stares from each of them. "Why? Do I sound genius? I am a genius, guys."

"I don't say anything." Soobin clarified as she looked ahead at the now orange sky. There was something about the color that made her feel calm. Maybe because it was warm?

It was then, that Minju left for a call and Chanhee was checking on the meat. Changmin was just resembling a starfish on the sandy ground, his eyes closed as the orange sun slowly disappeared.

And that was when Soobin heard it.

It was the same melody Jacob would always play whenever he was with his guitar but there was a subtle sound that seemed different. How should she interpret it? Maybe Jacob had his signature over the melody?

However, little did she know, she had ditched her starfish-squirrel friend and followed the melodic music. Excitements filled in every step as she came closer to one of the small huts designated along the beach but then she took an abrupt halt.

Soobin had her head pondered and brows scrunched at the sight of her brother under the hut. It was so unlike her whenever Jacob played, but this time she couldn't even resist it.

Not because of her brother, but because the guitar was in Sunwoo's hands. He was playing the music.

"Oh, you played it well," Jacob complimented the younger. He then noticed the confused demeanor standing not too far from them, a smile then drawn on his face. "Here she is... I told you she likes this song. She will always appear whenever I play."

Sunwoo subtly smiled, another information had been earned and it was a win for him.

It was then that Sunwoo passed the guitar back to the owner, not even forgetting to say thank you before he jogged towards the girl who looked super clueless at the picture unraveling before her eyes. Her tense face eventually relaxed as the boy in his grey hoodie halted in front of her.

"Why, noona? Don't tell me, you are bewitched already." His eyes squinted as though to tease her.

Soobin scoffed. "I admit that I'm surprised that you can play guitar. But, above all, I am just curious why Jacob teaches you that song."

"I... did learn once but all are rusty now. So, I asked Jacob to sharpen my skills back." He explained, springing on his feet in the process. "And... he told me that he always played the song for you."

Soobin peeked over at her brother who seemed so engrossed in his own emotion as his fingers moved ever so elegantly against every string. Every time she looked at him in that position, her heart wrenched so much.

It might sound absurd but Soobin hoped every people in this world could see him play the guitar. For, he had the talents and it would be wasted to keep it only to himself.

"It is his passion but he stopped playing to take over the company," Soobin said, her comment was full of sorrow.

It seemed like she didn't mean to say that in the first place because Sunwoo noticed the subtle flinch her body made. The discomfort also slowly getting evident that the boy assumed she was engulfed in an awkwardness.

He needed to do something to ease it.

"Noona, I like this place so much. Do you want to walk around with me?" He naturally proposed like it was initially the plan.

By now, it was dusk and the exterior design of the whole place became more evident with more lamps lighting up the way. If anything, Soobin would suggest that the guests have their night walk during their stay because she had seen the concept of this place in the making and she liked it.

Without any hesitation, the two ditched everyone by the beach, calmly and excitedly walking side by side along the concrete. Teases and laughter filled the air, once in a while Sunwoo would attempt to make jokes that hopefully weren't lame.

There was a big tree in the middle of the chalet area. A lot of lights hanging around the trunk and the branches, and colourful benches placed around it.

It was mesmerizing, no doubt. But, Sunwoo could tell that the faint giggle of hers was about something else.

"What's so funny?" He asked while both hands pocketed.

"Nothing." Despite the answer, she giggled even louder. "I was thinking about Minju."

"Minju?" Sunwoo pondered. "Oh, the friend of yours. I like her."

"God! Sunwoo..." Soobin hit him on the arm. "She's married!"

"What? No! I mean, I like her energy..." He raised both hands high in the air in the form of surrender while Soobin was having the best moment of her life by laughing at him. "So, is this the friend whom you've cried at the wedding?"

"Oh, you remember?"

Of course, instead of saying it out loud, Sunwoo smiled.

"Having her here somehow made me think..." She walked closer to the tree, admiring the light for a few seconds before she turned around. "How are we possible?"