10

Here came the consequences.

The rumor about the closenesses of Sunwoo and Soobin that was slowly but surely blooming must have been spread amongst her friends. Or they had found it themselves since it was pretty obvious not to be seen.

Aligned with that, Kim Sunwoo was in great trouble on his shift on Saturday.

He was cornered in the kitchen, unable to leave. Changmin was inspecting the set of knives they had and a slight move would make the scary boy turn his head.

"How often do you all sharpen this knife?" A random query from him made Sunwoo internally scream.

"I... don't know?" A subtle twitch of his facial muscles proved that he was scared. Maybe if it wasn't the weekend, he wouldn't be chickened out. For, Soobin would be here to save him. "You have to ask the one who's in charge."

Changmin turned on his heels, and the clink of the knife making contact with the table echoed. Maybe that was helpful. Haechan could hear it from outside, get curious, and come to his rescue.

Was it too big for a wish?

"I have a question for you, Kim Sunwoo," the squirrel guy read his nametag. "Were you at the party last week simply because Juyeon invited you as the DJ or you are originally his friend?"

Sunwoo blinked - furiously.

"I.." he pondered, not quite understanding why he was being interrogated. "Juyeon is close with my friend, Eric. So, yes, that's how we related."

"Ah... so you're Juyeon's friend then."

"Yes..?" Sunwoo sounded unsure but he wanted for this to be over real soon. Being around Changmin for too long wasn't good - obviously. "I'm sorry but what is this about?"

"I'll be frank with you," Changmin scooted closer to the boy who had nowhere to go, he was glued to the wall like a lizard. "Leave Soobin alone if you're still Juyeon's friend."

"What?"

"You heard me, boy," he dusted Sunwoo's shoulder off. "You can't be greedy. You just need to choose one, Soobin or Juyeon. But I strongly advise you to choose Juyeon because... I don't like you."

At that, Changmin grinned and eventually left. Contrary to what he said which maybe was affecting Sunwoo, he calmly walked away like he'd never done anything.

"Bold." Sunwoo was amazed, no doubt. Nonetheless, instead of being scared, he was dissatisfied. "Who is he to tell me what to do?"

Maybe, if it was Soobin who asked him to choose either one, he could consider it wisely. But Changmin, what did it have to do with him anyway?

But still, it was wrong to ask him to choose. Juyeon was a good brother to him and Soobin was his current love interest. Whatever happened between them in the past obviously, had nothing to do with him. He'd never cared either.

"Sunwoo!" Haechan frantically barged into the kitchen, fear on his face.

Here came another consequence.

"What?" Unfazed, he questioned.

"What have I heard? You do DJing?" Haechan's eyes grew bigger but still couldn't beat Sunwoo's. His was almost dislocated.

"H-How do you k-know?"

"Changmin told Chanhee and it just happened for me passed by."

Doomed.

Sunwoo didn't know what to feel. If he wanted to be angry, what reason should he point out? Or should he be worried that Soobin might have known by now?

"Kim Sunwoo!" A high-pitched voice that belonged to no one other than the boss was heard approaching the entrance of the kitchen.

And Sunwoo decided to choose to prepare himself.

"God.." Haechan rubbed his chest upward and downward to ease the shock. "I should go now! Please survive Sunwoo, I love you."

Dramatically Haechan fled away at the same time Chanhee barged in. The stomps of his feet were furious, like a penguin on the icy ground.

"Huh," the boss scoffed, raking his hair. "I need to talk to you."

Clasping his hands behind his back, Sunwoo stood straight like a soldier under the scorching hot sun, while waiting for his turn for an inspection. Chanhee approached him scarily, before the older cupped his waist, and looked straight into the boy's eyes.

"Do you admit that you have another job other than here?"

"Yes."

"Do you admit that you were DJing at a party?"

"Yes."

Chanhee breathed out, truly satisfied that the boy didn't lie. But Chanhee wouldn't be mad if his staff did other jobs, he wouldn't stop them either.

Only one thing would make him mad.

"You should be promoting our business as well! Take the opportunity. That's how you do business!" It sounded like random rambles which made Sunwoo blink profusely.

What happened with this circle?

Looking back, he must say that all of them were weird. Changmin was scary, Chanhee was picky, Juyeon was lagging and Kevin would always be random.

Did they form the circle out of weird people? But Soobin wasn't weird. How she could be involved with them?

"I-I'll try next time," he flashed a not-so-genuine smile.

"Good!" The boss raised a thumb. "But-"

The way Chanhee bit his underlip as if he was clouded with hesitation somehow made Sunwoo hold his breath. It surprisingly was nerve-wracking to see Chanhee hesitate.

"But?" Carefully Sunwoo repeated and the boss flinched.

Chanhee exhaled, "Just be careful. Don't be involved in any heavy party. Even it's Juyeon who's asking you to."

So Changmin spilled everything to Chanhee.

Gasping, Sunwoo's hand flew to his opened mouth to have them covered, his eyes lit up with excitement.

"So you cared about me?" He said and Chanhee grimaced.

"You are delusional," the sassy boss turned on his heels but eventually halted his moves at the door frame. "Just because Soobin has let you come into her life doesn't mean I will go easy on you. Now, do your job properly!"

Right away, the boy fled out to his workstation, pretending to be busy. But, he wasn't that busy. He was just praying for a miracle maybe to see Soobin appear at the entrance even though it was Saturday.

"You're weird," Haechan nudged him, Sunwoo accidentally spilled the cocoa powder by the impact. "All my life I've never seen a player like you being such a loyal person."

Sunwoo chuckled, before he glared at him, "Who said I'm a player? I've never planned to play with anyone's heart."

"What-"

"Excuse me.." a female customer then appeared at the counter, looking clueless. Sunwoo rushed to attend her, that smile which Haechan called fake was now plastered across his face. "I'm not sure what to order. Can you suggest me something?"

"Of course!" Sunwoo was heard beaming. "Hmm... Considering that you look quite cool, I'd suggest watermelon juice for you. Less sugar because you're already sweet."

The nauseous feeling had come back into Haechan's system, he truly regretted staying here and watching. Especially with that facial expression on Sunwoo's face, the one which embodied cocky and flirty.

Haechan won't lie that sometimes he was curious as well, where did Sunwoo learn to flirt? Was it a natural thing that could be passed down generations?

"Extra syrup for the pancakes?" Sunwoo was now confirming the order. "I'll make sure we put extra love as well."

And she was now shyly cackling.

At that, Haechan also couldn't help grimacing. "Never planned to play with anyone's heart. Sure.."