43

Kim Sunwoo wasn't even thinking to avoid her. But, he would make sure that no eye contact or interaction or even the slightest reaction on his face made when they crossed paths.

That was even weirder.

It took Soobin thousands of minutes to digest what was happening. And again, earned her another paper cut during her class.

She did summon Eric while on the campus, hoping that the boy could spill something about his best friend. After all, he was the last person who was with Sunwoo.

But, his answer did not help but make her heart stop beating. "He told me you cancelled the date at the very last minute. He was upset."

The evening spent in Chanhee's cafe was mostly Soobin trying to figure out the real problem existed. Her revisions or assignments were long forgotten as they were left open on the table - abandoned.

No more free drinks from Kim Sunwoo, not even the silly him coming to her table messing with her study. It was just Chae Soobin and her thoughts.

She never felt this before, but watching Sunwoo intently smile at all the female customers made her unhappy. The way all the girls tucked their baby hair as they made the order, and the way their body swayed when Sunwoo made a lame joke, all were messing with her heart.

Didn't know what she was thinking, she pushed her chair, the wooden legs scratching the floor. She marched to the counter, standing right behind the brown-haired girl who now was ordering.

"I don't know, is this tasty?" She pointed to the menu laid on the counter which Soobin couldn't see.

"This one is quite sweet," Sunwoo leaned across the counter, closer to the girl. "Just like you."

The girl giggled which made Soobin grimace. Her anti-romantic self was screaming to throw up but she held it up by clenching her fist tight.

She accidentally glanced over at Haechan at the chiller checking on the cake stock. He seemed taken aback as well at the flirty comment his friend made. He seemed to let out a sigh before his eyes caught Soobin staring.

Within the tight air, Haechan scooted closer to the counter and patted Sunwoo's shoulder, asking him to move a little. He then politely spoke to the girl, "I'm sorry, Miss. Can you please move for a while if you're still hesitating about what to order? You're blocking the way."

The brown-haired girl glanced over her shoulder and met Soobin's furious gaze. She seemed as well startled and offered her an apology. "I'm sorry, it's taking time. He's a lot of my style."

Soobin unknowingly raised a brow, a soft scoff left her mouth as she moved to the front. Slowly, she trailed her gaze to Sunwoo who looked grumpier, checking on the menu book.

Unbelievable.

"Just give me anything sour. I feel nauseous." She told Haechan as she passed her card.

"I'll send it to your table," he attempted to draw a smile though he knew how wrenching her heart was right now.

"Thanks, Haechan," instead, she genuinely smiled at the boy as she retreated her card but soon all died down when she turned to the other boy and the girl.

Chae Soobin didn't know what happened after she left the counter. She didn't know that Haechan was giving Sunwoo a look or that Sunwoo was looking at her back leaving for the restroom. She didn't want to know either.

What she knew, Kim Sunwoo probably had changed his mind about her.

'Don't jump to conclusions. You're there and so is him. Talk to him!' was what Minju replied when she told her about everything.