18

Sunwoo was right anyway.

Soobin had been keeping her feelings to herself since the morning she woke up without her father present to wish her happy birthday. Jacob had left the house early for who knew what and above all, she missed her mother.

All the feelings crumpled inside her chest eventually turned into tears at the moment she saw her loved ones standing together in her backyard, golden and white were the theme.

She was loved, was what Sunwoo could conclude.

Looking at how Chanhee and Changmin cheered her up in their style that Soobin would never find cringe somehow was satisfying. The smile on her face was the biggest gift.

Oh, and Jacob. Maybe Sunwoo had unveiled some points that would lead him to how to be Jacob.

His effort alone to do this surprise party for his sister was amazing, Sunwoo was sure that an older brother like him couldn't be found easily in this world. Although Chae Soobin was only a step-sister, he cared for her like his own.

There was no way Soobin wouldn't be moved with this kind of treatment.

"How did Juyeon treat her back then?" He couldn't help questioning but then shrugged. It wasn't his problem to care anyway.

He was now looking at Eric who shyly passed a gift to her. It was in a brown paper bag - medium size. The latter's presence was something Sunwoo could be proud of. For, it was effortless. He'd confronted his friend for making his crush feel uncomfortable and magically the boy agreed to join the party and clear the misunderstanding.

"I was a bit busy," Eric rubbed his nape in embarrassment. "I'm sorry for making you overthink."

There was a hint of surprise on Soobin's face. Or perhaps she was scheming some ways to kill Sunwoo later.

"It's nothing. I was just curious if I'd done something that you probably dislike," she pursed her lips, and her fingers fiddled with the strap of the bag Eric gifted.

"Dislike? No! Why must I dislike you?" Eric was taken aback.

Much to his worries if either he or Sunwoo would hurt Juyeon's feelings for befriending his ex, he found nothing about Chae Soobin to be hated. Like Sunwoo, he simply thought that it was nothing related to him.

It was then, that Eric glanced over Soobin's shoulder and caught sight of Sunwoo with his daisies. The lover boy looked hesitant and discouraged but Haechan kept pushing him to move. It almost made Eric cackle but where was the fun if he spoiled it now?

So, he decided to join hands.

Beckoning Soobin to glance over, he muttered, "He's been waiting to approach you."

At that, the girl did as she was told, she even turned on her heels to look better. And that was when an airy scoff escaped her lips and her feet unknowingly had pushed her body forward.

One hand pocketed while the other one was holding the bouquet, Sunwoo instantly smiled as he found her face. Handsomely, he brought the bouquet to her eye level, not caring even one bit of any consequences.

"H-Happy birthday, noona." Contrary to the image he portrayed, he stammered and he hated it. "I-If you don't like it, then you-"

"Thank you, Sunwoo," she cut him in real quick and transferred the bouquet into her grasp. That questionable expression on her face was definable, probably querying how she received too many daisies today. "How do you know that I like Daisy?"

"Y-You like?" Sunwoo couldn't help sounding startled because he really did.

If she still liked daisies just like Kevin described, why did she throw away the bouquet she received this morning?