28

"I don't think I can do this anymore. I want to stop here."

"Are you... joking?" Soobin tried to light up the mood and draw a smile that obviously, wasn't genuine. She was scared. There was no hint of joking on Juyeon's face right now.

"Sadly, I'm not." Juyeon huffed before standing on his feet. "We are breaking up."

And he walked away from the park they always had their date without sparing any last glance at the girl who he now called his ex. No reason was given to explain the breakup, and Soobin was left in a dark room full of confusion and questions.

They were always good, yesterday was also good. They even went to the arcade because Juyeon was dying to beat her in the basketball game. Was it all planned? Did he purposely bring her there so that they could have their last date before the breakup?

"Juyeon, let's talk."

It was the tenth attempt of her including the unread texts and unanswered calls. She waited for him in front of his locker this morning just to be shoved away. But, she didn't stop. She waited again - this time in front of his lecture hall.

"I believe we don't have anything to talk about," he exhaled. "We've broken up. I've moved on and you should too."

"No, it's not fair for me." She took a step forward and reached for his sleeve but Juyeon retreated his hand away. "Listen... I still love you, Juyeon. I truly do. Just tell me what have I done wrong and I promise I will change."

"Love me?" Juyeon chuckled and a hand ran through his hair. "But, I'm not. My feelings for you are over, Soobin."

It felt like thousands of swords were stabbing through her small body. Maybe for other girls, they would've given up by now. But she couldn't, she didn't plan to.

Because Juyeon was all she had. Juyeon was the only one who made her feel loved. Juyeon was the only one who provided her with all the attention she needed. Juyeon was the only one who had filled the voids in her heart.

So, Chae Soobin made a dumb decision.

She went down and knelt right in front of Juyeon. Nobody saw this coming, nobody. Even though many onlookers were watching - Kevin and Changmin were one of them, not even the slightest Soobin felt embarrassed. For, she had shut her eyes for anyone but Juyeon.

"What are you doing?" Juyeon was confused.

"I'm begging you, Juyeon." She pleaded and a loner tear dripped down from her left eye. "Don't leave me. I still need you."

To say that Juyeon wasn't startled by the unexpected move she made was a lie. He never expected that she could do something like that - considering her status and identity. He should have spared her a chance, should he? Besides, he never told her why he wanted to break up.

But, ego masked him. Suddenly, this picture made him proud and made him want to do more.

"I'm sorry, Soobin." He said in a clear tone for what seemed on purpose so that everyone presented could hear him well. "I already have a replacement."

Her heart cracked and eventually shattered at the confession that she had never expected to hear from him.

With humiliation, despair, and useless determination, Chae Soobin was pushed down the cliff and hit rock bottom, resenting her life for not being able to be enough for her boyfriend.