32

The sparkles in her eyes were alive. Maybe that had been Sunwoo's current obsession.

Every time the sparkles appeared and turned her eyes shining just like a pearl being reflected under the shimmering of the sun, they would attract him to keep looking. The sincerest smile would then be drawn across his face.

Chae Soobin didn't notice the stare. She had her attention fully planted into the space as a set of Sunwoo's earpods which were connected to his phone occupied her ears. Contrary to what the boy was attracted to, she was attracted to the melody she was listening to.

Once in a while, she would have her head pondered. Not because of the difficulty of digesting what she listened to but to express her surprise at the masterpiece she heard.

Tapping the pause button, Sunwoo's smile faded as swiftly as her head turned in his direction. He couldn't let her catch him simping over her.

"You made it?" She questioned, unplugged the earpods, and restored them into the case. Sunwoo hummed while nodded at the question and then she gasped. "Wow. You are an all-rounder, aren't you? Just like Jacob."

Compliments made him feel good - no lie. But still, when it came out from her, he couldn't feel cocky but shy. Pink hues started tinting his cheeks as he rubbed his nape.

"But, it's not finished yet," he remarked as he crossed his arms. "I feel like I'm lacking something but I don't know what it is."

Momentarily, Soobin was drowning in her thoughts. If he was asking her for an opinion, she would say that it was enough and he had done a good job. But, she wasn't the professional to say that.

However, she knew of one thing.

"Can you send the melody to me?" She requested. "I think Jacob can help you. He has quite a touch in music."

Sunwoo's eyes lit up with excitement, they seemed to be bigger than usual which made Soobin curl her toes to hold back her desire to squeal. He looked too cute for her anti-romantic self to fight. He definitely, had her soft spot.

"Do you think Jacob has spare time for me?" He questioned after sending the file which then her phone dinged, notifying them that it was successful.

"Why?"

"I would like to learn guitar from him." He hesitantly rubbed his nape. Requesting this already felt so wrong, he didn't even know why he would be thinking of it in the first place. "But, I guess, it's impossible."

"I can ask..." She jolted up from the seat they occupied as she checked her watch. 30 minutes more before the movie started. "I'm sure he will have time for you."

Sunwoo rose as well, once again wearing an excited look on his face. But then, the smile changed to a pout, and his brows scrunched in guilt.

"I am more of a nuisance, right?"

"Huh?" She harshly blinked, quite startled to be approached that way. "What are you talking about?"

"I mean... why should I request something like that when I obviously know how busy he is." He sighed which sounded too deep.

Soobin nudged him with her shoulder and beckoned him to move. She seemed to understand what kind of feeling the boy was having because she also felt the same way. To have Jacob involved in every little thing she did just because he refused to let her do it on her own had constantly pulled her down into the sea of guilt.

There was this one time when Soobin needed to find some materials for her assignment. It was just happened for Jacob to call her. Knowing that his sister was alone, he had rushed all the tasks for the day in the office and even canceled all the appointments he had just to go to her.