24

Contrary to her hatred of breathing the same oxygen as Juyeon and the desire to sprint out from there immediately, Soobin surprisingly held herself well.

She collected her belongings rather calmly despite knowing that the boy was trailing every little movement she made - which she despised and briefly looked at him.

"You can use this space. I'm leaving, anyway," she pursed her lips and dragged herself to the exit.

However, as she passed through the boy, he unknowingly was grasping her arm. "I'm here not for the space but for you."

Soobin chuckled, now only she lifted her head to pour all the hatred in her eyes to him. The grasp around her arm wasn't that tight but it was enough to make her scream. She disliked any touch from him.

"You told me this once, 'I believe we don't have anything to talk about'," Swiftly, she let herself off from him and grew the gap between them. In that brief moment, she felt victorious. For, Juyeon was getting eaten by his action.

When he declared a breakup, Soobin was against it. She tried her best to fix it but every time she tried to discuss it with him, he would turn her down by saying that there was nothing to talk about.

"As a human being, you should stick to your words," she smirked, adjusting her bag strap over her shoulder as she aimed for the exit again.

But she should've known that Juyeon hadn't wanted her to leave yet.

"You've changed, Soobin."

Exhaling, the girl glanced over her shoulder, "Yes I am. Thank you for noticing."

"Do you prefer this side to be seen as your identity? If yes, I must say that Sunwoo has missed the best part." Juyeon tutted, pocketing his hands as he watched Soobin turn on her heels to face him. "Should I reveal the sweet side of you while we were still dating?"

Soobin pondered, slowly getting ticklish at the bottom of her heart. It made her want to laugh the loudest.

"I don't mind either. The stupid version of Chae Soobin is dead. You can tell him but sadly he will never see her."

Juyeon's face fell at the retaliation. Never once did he ever imagine that he would need to deal with this version of her. He vividly remembered how crumbled she was after the breakup, how proud he felt back then when a girl couldn't even move on from him.

She'd changed - wholly. And maybe he was the reason.

"Stop the play, Soobin," he scooted closer to her which she never wavered when his cologne struck her nostrils. It was as if, nothing about him ever existed in her memory. "I want to talk to you."

Right there and then, footsteps were heard before the glimpse of the owner appeared, confusingly watching the scene unveiled. Sunwoo's face was slightly scrunched, and his eyes shifted every so often from Soobin to Juyeon.

"What are you doing here?" He threw the question to Juyeon. "Didn't get enough fun after yesterday, huh?"

Scoffing, the male glared, "We just want to talk."

"We? Tch... I don't see any mutual agreement there," the boy shook his head, smirking in the process.

"Yes, you are right." Soobin interfered, once again she moved to grow the gap. "I never agreed."

As soon as the girl turned away from her ex, another surprise had been waiting. Changmin appeared in the most undefinable state as he studied the scene. Unlike Sunwoo, he somehow had a look on his face as though he was saying that he had expected this to happen.

"Okay, Chae. We're leaving." He announced, his eyes were shooting daggers at the other two males. "Now!"

Soobin was glad she had told Changmin about her whereabouts, she was glad she asked him to come despite knowing that Sunwoo would find it hard to breathe. She was glad she did all that.

"I'm sorry, Sunwoo. Tell your mother I said thank you for the meal, some other day I will buy her one." Though small, she still pulled her lips and flashed him a smile before Changmin dragged her out of the area.

Because the cafeteria was empty, every faint sound and voice could be heard so clearly and loudly that Sunwoo couldn't ignore the one that escaped Changmin's lips.

"I told you, didn't I? Being close to Sunwoo serves you nothing. Instead, you will run into Juyeon more!"

It pained the boy. It was as if, he was the key for Soobin to get hurt. As if, anywhere near him, the girl would never be happy.

Sunwoo was angry, too angry at the older male across from him who seemed to be unable to break his stare off his ex and his friend though their figures had disappeared. Sunwoo was angry that Juyeon had tainted his image in Changmin's eyes. He was angry that his plan for today to spend just a little time with Soobin had failed.

"Are you satisfied now?" He asked and daggers shot out through his eyes in the process. "You've messed everything up, bro."

Sighing deeply, Sunwoo dragged his body back to the table where the Tupperware full of nutritious meals lay open. He didn't lie that his mother prepared this for both him and Soobin but now, he'd lost his appetite and the girl too had left before she could taste it.

"What do you see in her?" Juyeon queried as he scooted closer to the younger.

Once again sighing, Sunwoo lifted his head to look at the older. "I believe you understand it without I need to describe it. What made you fall for her, I do see the same."

Juyeon chuckled, plopping down across from him. There was something in his tone that made Sunwoo almost ponder. Nonetheless, it was hard to decipher, it was mysterious.

But, mysterious wasn't Juyeon's thing.

"Trust me, boy. What you've seen from her today wasn't what I've seen back then." The older said with a raised of his brow.

"Then..." Sunwoo slumped in his seat, and both arms crossed over his chest. "It's a loss for you. You let her go before you could see the best part of her."

"What?"

Lips protruded, and Sunwoo seemed to want to challenge the older. Maybe it was a provoke, or he just wanted to play with Juyeon. But, Sunwoo strongly believed that he wanted to make Juyeon regret.

"I shouldn't have said anything to you..." He pondered, his tongue was then running along his molars, testing the older before his eyes. "Who knows if suddenly you change your mind and want to pursue her back? I can't let that happen, right?"

"And you want me to be killed by Mihee?"

"Oh, that's correct too!" Sunwoo beamed with sarcasm sugarcoating his tone before he leaned forward across the table. "Then, go before she finds you."

Juyeon was in disbelief. How many times he had lost against the universe in terms of thinking, this situation which he unfortunately was trapped in strangely was too easy to affect him.

He found his heart flaring.

This kind of attitude was something rare from Kim Sunwoo. He had that image of a rebellious kid - no doubt, but that image could only be seen by someone who didn't know him beforehand.

Kim Sunwoo would only treat him with respect. So, from here, Juyeon could tell that he wanted him gone.

"Alright, alright." Juyeon pushed the chair backward, the screeching echoed before he pushed himself up. "I'm leaving. Just to remind you have a gig this weekend. Don't be late."

The tone the older used was stern and there was a faint warning lacing in. That was the cue for Sunwoo to be scared, he shouldn't have messed with Juyeon.

But, Sunwoo seemed to have a different idea.

"I don't know yet if I can be there."

"What? Why?"

It was a simple answer. Because Sunwoo would be too busy to think of a way to clear his name and earn Changmin's favoritism.