09

The piercing stare shot out from Soobin's eyes definitely, could've killed. The not-so-interesting sight she was looking at had invited severe nausea into her system.

The arms crossed against her chest were firm. No sign of surrender nor defeat was portrayed though it was an intense battle.

It was like a mental game between two parties. Chae Soobin at her locker - leaning on her back, and Juyeon with his girl at the end of the same corridor - almost looked like in the middle of make out.

Disgusting - Soobin thought as the girl snaked her hand on Juyeon's chest. But the boy seemed to have never cared. He was too engaged in his phone to look care.

"They should get a room," Changmin said, sighing as he looked at the same sight as Soobin. "No, in the first place, they shouldn't have normalized this open relationship. It's not healthy."

But Soobin remained silent. And Changmin didn't know whether yes or not she was listening.

"You know, I heard somewhere that Juyeon was considering breakup," the boy informed, then only Soobin broke her piercing stare from the couple and shifted to her friend. Now only she was listening. "But!"

"But?" and now only she was curious.

"Mihee was being a drama queen," Changmin whispered as if the said girl who was now clinging around Juyeon's biceps would listen. "She fainted. And that was fake."

Soobin snorted and struggled to hold a laugh. She felt funny not because of the story but the fact that her ex decided to break up with her just for a crazy girl.

The decision to break up was all on Juyeon. It was something Soobin couldn't understand which had led her to cry her eyes out for months questioning what had she done wrong to make Juyeon fall out of love.

They were a couple that everyone was envied about. A couple that everyone was looking for. Though Soobin was the opposite of Mihee in terms of character, Juyeon seemed the happiest back then. And that had been seen by their friends.

Friends: as if Changmin and Kevin.

They were once a full circle including Chanhee. Established since the first semester of the first year. Quite a fun and playful circle. Although Chanhee decided to drop out in the third semester to start working, the circle was still alive.

Until Juyeon announced the breakup. All were flustered, all disagreed and all were debating.

Changmin was furious. He even stated all the facts that Soobin was always good to Juyeon to be broken. While Kevin on the other hand was trying to be neutral, trying to respect Juyeon's decision.

But that had led to a misunderstanding. Changmin assumed that Kevin was on Juyeon's side and suddenly a heated argument occurred.

Normally, something like this would need a middleman. But, Chanhee was no help.

Sassily he announced, "I'm the one who will be neutral! All of you are grownups. So think like one!"

Eventually, it broke the friendship.

"Chae..." A nudge on her arm had Soobin flinched, snapping back into reality. How long had she been in a time machine to recall the past?

"Yes?" she asked, blinking as she looked into Changmin's eyes.

That confused stare had given Changmin a naughty thought. A very naughty one that he felt himself flaring.

"Don't tell me you are still hoping for him to come back," he subtly moved his chin towards Juyeon's direction.