29

Sunwoo didn't seem to want to fulfill the request.

He did come closer to her, take a halt about 3 feet ahead of her, and study every feature on her face that had always been his favorite. But then, a faint scoff escaped his lips as he poked his tongue through his cheek.

"Do we have anything else to talk about?" He asked, still staring into her orbs. They were now misty which made him slightly startled. He didn't plan to make her cry - obviously. "I think you've made it clear. So, it's now my turn to recover."

He walked past her, carefully dodging her so that none of her skin would be grazing against his. It looked simple, it embodied him like a true gentleman but it pained Soobin.

Having Sunwoo avoided her surprisingly was hurt.

"I... do like you."

At the sudden confession from her, Kim Sunwoo immediately halted on his track, sensing the abnormal beating of his heart. But, a small part of him whispered that it didn't sound like what he'd expected.

Slowly, he turned on his heels to face the girl who now had fully spun in his direction. The morning breeze surely made her face cold, it was now red. Her eyes seemed to be more misty than earlier, it almost seemed like she was about to cry.

"Is this where you will say that you like me as a brother?" He remarked rather sarcastically and pocketed his hands into his hoodie pockets in the process. "It's okay, noona. You don't have to clarify further. I'll understand. I'm wrong for falling for a beautiful girl like you despite knowing that you won't reciprocate my feelings."

Again, he stabbed her with his words. Every breath she let out was heavy, and an urge was sent to her brain through every weak neuron inside her body.

"I am a normal human, Sunwoo," she paused, sniffling in the process. The boy noticed the clench of her fists on both sides of her frame - her knuckles slowly turned white. "I have flexible feelings as well and you obviously, don't know how much struggle I have to remain heartless with all your fluttering moves."

Sunwoo's breath hitched. The frown on his face slowly formed, unable to hide the amusement. So, she did feel it.

"For what do you force yourself like that?" Sunwoo somehow raised his voice. He too was startled at his own action but he was planning to keep the momentum going. "You can try it out with me. I can love you the way you want me to. I can give my all to you. I can treat you way better than how Juyeon did."

"I am scared."

Her retaliation was rather stern, it feared Sunwoo a little. Right here, as the sun slowly moved up and radiated its light and warmth, Sunwoo didn't think he ever knew Soobin. This girl who stood in front of him right now seemed to be a different person. Too different from the one and only Chae Soobin he knew.

This girl in front of him was fragile - unlike Chae Soobin who would always pretend. Right now, this girl was at her lowest as she expressed her inner feelings - her true self.  Exactly, a picture of a girl in Sunwoo's dictionary.

He liked it.

"Scared of what?"

"I'm scared that I won't be able to love you the same." She bit her lower lip, probably to stop the threatening tears from rolling down before she continued, "Minju was right, you're sincere with your feelings for me. But, I am not what you probably imagine."

"What I imagine?" He pondered with a raise of a brow.

Soobin sighed as she looked at the sandy ground. She wanted to tell him everything, she really did but her inner self was against the idea - saying that it wasn't necessary. And it was a great battle inside.