12

Sunwoo was observing.

From the moment he saw Jacob interact with Soobin right in front of his eyes, he started observing. How to be Jacob.

He tried to dig as much as information he could to identify what kind of interaction with Chae Soobin would make her feel comfortable, that would make her look like a normal girl.

Normal girl in Sunwoo's dictionary: cute, kind, fragile, and clingy.

So far, he could see all in Chae Soobin except for the last. Clingy seemingly wouldn't ever make her, Soobin.

"So you call her fragile just because she cried at her friend's wedding?" Eric had once asked after hearing the storytelling of their unexpected meeting on that certain Saturday night.

"That proved that she's fragile. Even the smallest thing made her cry," and Sunwoo had speculated.

The boy looked so proud of himself when he voiced out his stance, his opinion. However, one second later, Eric burst into a fit of laughter. The latter believed that Sunwoo did not really, know girls as per his claim despite the flirts he sold for free.

Because Eric believed, girls would always cry when it came to a friend's wedding.

Back to Sunwoo's observation: he failed.

He couldn't find as much information as he said because Jacob Bae was so hard to be seen in public with his sister. The only picture he could find online was a family picture - Jacob, Soobin, and their parents, posing for a picture in a formal event. He even googled up 'Chae Soobin and Jacob Bae' because he simply thought that maybe they had some fansites that would catch their interaction like paparazzi.

Again, he failed. But, he still wanted to fight for his love.

Like walking on an eggshell with a ticking bomb tied around his feet, Kim Sunwoo found himself being the most careful boy on Earth when he walked with her into the campus. Something he never did before, something he thought he would never do, and yet he was doing it.

At least, he could see Chae Soobin laugh. And he was the reason behind the laughter.

"I'm just wondering about the length of his legs. Because I've always seen him wearing pants until the stomach." He was badmouthing Chanhee and Soobin almost died of laughter.

She likes funny guys - probably.

"That's true," she wiped the dampness under her eyes that she'd never expected would occur as she ran into him at the parking lot. "But let's admit that Chanhee looks good in any outfit."

"That....." Sunwoo scrunched his face, his brows were knitted together. "Maybe that's true."

"It's not maybe!"

"Okay, okay... I'll admit," he scoffed, looking so forceful to say so.

After a minute or two, calmness had found its way to engulf them in its bubble, the two resumed the journey further into the campus area. Sunwoo was a truly different person today since he was walking with his crush, he had his head lowered all the time when they passed by girls loitering.

The boy thought, that way maybe, he could avoid the loving stares from all his fans. He would never let Soobin find out that he was quite famous.

Nonetheless, what he did not know was, that Soobin was a quick-witted person. Although Sunwoo was staring at the concrete pavement all the time, she could see how hopeful those eyes of the girls were looking at him, probably hoping that he would look their way.

At that, she wouldn't be lying that it was indeed awkward. She was curious about why they were looking at him like that but throwing a direct question would sound weird.