CHAPTER 2 - FLUTTER

Start from the beginning

"And me, Da..Hyun," Dahyun blurts out his name, pressing the words one by one. "And Momo is my girlfriend," he subtly looks at Momo.

"Stop the lovey-dovey, I've seen enough for today," Jihyo interjects before the couple can flirt again. She then looks at Momo and Dahyun. "Yaa!! We have to go now, we're already late for the movies," she hits Momo's shoulder a few times.

"What..are you guys leaving now?" Chaeyoung questions in dissatisfaction, looking at those three who are now detached from the chair.

"Umm.. We have a movie date.. sorry Chaeng.. sorry, Mina-yaa," Jihyo says before rushing away with Momo and Dahyun.

"Now it's just the two of us," Chaeyoung utters, letting out a heavy sigh. "What do you want to eat anyway?" Chaeyoung stands as he gets ready to buy food for Mina.

"It's okay, Chaeng.. I can go buy it myself," Mina abruptly stands up to try to stop Chaeyoung.

"Chaeng?" Chaeyoung's face reddens but has a bewildered weight upon hearing Mina's blurts out his name, a name only used by people who have a close relationship with him.

"Isn't that what they call you....Chaeng?" Mina replies, her voice softened with a hint of curiosity.

"Ahh.. you're right," Chaeyoung's reactions are a mixture of embarrassment and amusement. He chuckles nervously and scratches the back of his head. "Idiot, Chaeyoung-aa," he curses under his breath as he realizes he was acting oddly in front of Mina.

"Sit, Chaeng, I'll go buy the food.. do you want anything?" Mina looks at him, expecting his answer.

"No..no.. You sit, I'll go," Chaeyoung insists, turning away from Mina, prepares to walk away.

"Wait!!" Mina exclaims, swiftly reaching out and grasping his hand, halting him in his tracks. "Let's go together then."

Chaeyoung stands frozen for a moment, stunned by the unexpected touch. It was as if he had been momentarily enchanted, his mind struggling to process the unexpected skinship Mina had initiated.

They now settle back into their seats after buying food for Mina. There's a buzz of talking in the cafe as Chaeyoung accompanies Mina, who is now eating her food. "So, what course are you taking, Mina-yaa?" Chaeyoung starts the chit-chat again.

"Umm...I'm in business administration," Mina says while her eyes and mouth are still attending her food.

"Really?? Business administration?? Wait, wait, wait..." Chaeyoung's eyes widen. "Don't say you are in Alpha 7 class?" His curiosity is piqued.

"Ehh??..Alpha 7?" Mina asks him back with a hint of uncertainty. She looks at Chaeyoung, who is now attentively waiting for her answer, which she finds amusing. "Sadly, I'm..." Mina's voice tinged with delay slowly "....In Alpha 7," she chuckles.

"Really!!!? We are in the same class then!?" Chaeyoung's voice tones up, his eyes now seeming to glitter in excitement. "But what's with the 'sadly'?" He's baffled.

Mina can't hold back her burst anymore. "Yaa.. I'm just teasing around because I know we are in the same class. Jeongyeon told me," she giggles, looking at Chaeyoung.

"Aishh, you quick-witted, Mina-yaa," Chaeyoung replies as Mina goofs around with him, maybe because Chaeyoung thought Mina is now comfortable being around him.

"By the way, Jeongyeon said you are his housemate together with another two.. what's their names again?? Tzuyu.." Mina suddenly trails off.

"Tzuyu and Dahyun.. yup.. we have been housemates for 4 years now, but Tzuyu and I, we were friends since high school. Jihyo also went to the same school with me and Tzuyu. You can say we always stick together," Chaeyoung declares.