Chapter 26: spooky month part 2

FLASHBACK, 12 YEARS AGO

''alright, kids, wonder off, do what you like. have fun! and whatever you do, don't go in the corn cob maze. it's dangerous to go alone.'' Daddy dearest waved out. 

''yeah right, pops. there's no such thing as a murderer in the maze. that's just a horror movie story.'' .EXE blurted his tongue. 

''you'll see. come back if you change your mind. but seriously, i'm warning you. the maze is too big for me to find you myself.'' DD said, concerned.

as DD headed inside, .EXE and Sarah smirked.

''hey, i know. we can murder that murderer. might save the trouble to those who wander in'' Sarah smirked.

''good plan, sistah.'' .EXE said. ''and let's run away from the house forever!''

after 4 hours, they still hadn't returned home. their parents started worrying about them. then, Cassandra walked in. he was holding a bucket of candy.

''mom, dad, sorry to alarm you, but Sarah and .EXE went into the maze.'' Cassandra said with an expression of concern. 

immediately, DD and MM had panicking expressions. 

''shit, i gotta go get them! good eye!'' DD said, teleporting out into the maze.

''Sarah! Xenophanes! where are you? we're worried about you.''

then, he found them. they were walking through, playing the corn, and eating it as well. however, a Scarecrow wearing a bowler hat appeared out of nowwhere. he had a farming rake in his hand, and has a bit of weed in his mouth. or whatever that yellow thing is called. he had cyan eyes, and his mouth was stitched. 

''foolhardy move, children....don't you know it's dangerous to wonder in the dark?'' the scarecrow told the twins. however, the twins had a different reaction to what was expected.

''cool! a talking scarecrow! you got any candy apples?'' .EXE was amazed, pulling finger guns.

''um... okay... this is weird. shouldn't you be scared? is this to do with that Halloween everyone is talking about? i should guide you out. your too young to die.'' the scarecrow facepalmed. then, Daddy Dearest ran in, and grabbed both Sarah and .EXE easily, then teleported away.

''aw come on! the nice scarecrow was about us candy appl-'' Sarah complained.

''thank goodness your okay! i tried to warn you. please don't do that again. you had me and your mother worried!'' DD sighed a breath of relief. ''now, i'm not mad, only disappointed in your ignorance. i will let this slide, and i hope you realize how worried i was. you don't know that not everything is sunshine and rainbo-''

''oh, your right. it's plagued with-bleh-humans.'' Sarah retorded.

''you kidding sis? humans interest me. but what she's saying is, this world will be ours. don't you want this, daddy?'' .EXE complained.

''no. why would i be happy about seeing my kids be signs of evil and satany?'' DD answered.

PRESENT DAY

''woah, pop, that was spooky'' Skid said.

''well, that was fun. how was that? was i singing to creepily?'' Sandwich demon asked. Tenzu was shivering, shaking at the joke lyrics Sandwich demon had sung.

''aw, don't worry, little man. it'll be alright. i'm not gonna hurt you or Sarah. i'm just playing a dumb joke. i'm not gonna hurt you'' Sandwich demon said, patting Tenzu.

Squidgy came out and licked him, then went back into the wristband.

''well, that was.... eventful...'' Kaity said.

''hey, i got an idea. hey Sandwich demon, can i take care of your kid for a while?'' Tenzu asked.

''um, sure. i have to do some janitor work anyway'' Sandwich demon said.

''you see, i want Kaity and Sarah to start bonding for a bit. they can take Pump. i'm gonna take Skid to that corn cob i always wanted to go to.'' Tenzu said.

''okay!'' Pump nodded. ''besides, did you enjoy the spooky dance?''

''yeah. it was cool'' Kaity said.

a little later, Tenzu held Skid's hand as they walked through the corn cob maze. they both ahd some corn.

''so kid, how's the night?'' Tenzu asked.

''good. didn't do much aside from collect candy'' Skid expressed with his mouth full.

however, that same scarecrow from the flashback appeared behind them after being invisible for like 10 seconds.

''well, well, well. look who we have here. trespassers, wondering through my maze. '' the scarecrow spoke. Tenzu turned his head, and shook in fear. ''the name's Zardy''

''why so scared sir? it's just a scarecrow'' Skid was confused.

''i forgot to mention.... i.... was never the gutsiest person...'' Tenzu could barley speak as his teeth shuddered. 

''hehe..... now then, your fate is-'' Zardy spoke, but then he noticed Tenzu having a microphone.

''so, you want a show, boy? then i'll give you a show!'' Zardy smirked, then he lifted his rake close to his mouth.

''ooooohhhh! fun!'' Skid pulled out a lollipop. Tenzu just drooped his face, but pulled out the microphone. 

''hehe.... foolhardy move boy...'' Zardy chuckled. ''i win, the kid still lives, and your the only one who dies.''

[XT Foolhardy. [Zardy vs Tenzu and Skid] length is 4:30]

the battle was long and fierce. Zardy started off slow, then picked up the pace. however, Tenzu kept up, also spooky dancing with Skid. Skid wasn't half bad either. Tenzu avoided rake attacks, blocking them with the katana of promises. eventually, Zardy let out a RAH and started becoming invisible. however, Tenzu still kept using his own arrow movements to keep up, and with Skid's help, and spooky dancing, he won.

''very well then, boy. you both can go'' Zardy tipped his small hat.

''hey.... can we be friends?'' Tenzu asked, reaching out his hand, while Squidgy emerged, excited to this new plot development.

''.... sure. if it's what'll be able to keep you out of my non-existent hair.'' Zardy smiled, shaking it. ''i will see you two around soon''

''see you, mr scarecrow!'' Skid waved.

eventually, Tenzu returned Skid home to the latter's mother, Lila, then he found Kaity and Sarah laughing about nail polish, eating candy floss with Pump, to Tenzu's delight.

[now your wondering why this released earlier then halloween. well, i need the volume to wrap up, damnit. and also the fact this chapter released valentine's day? you know, i honestly don't care that much about Valentine's day, but i'll still comics about it on comic studio]