CHAPTER SIXTY FOUR

"How much longer is this going to take?" Sapphire asked an old man dressed in a black cloak who was leading the Shadow Blood ritual along with six others. The old man, visibly afraid, answered, "It is only a matter of time, Mistress, and we will be able to awaken Delora." Sapphire rolled her eyes as she said, "Time is a luxury we cannot afford, you insolent fool!" She spat out angrily as she struck the old man across the face. "You had better make sure this gets done fast, or I promise you your blood will be the next thing sacrificed to that demon."

The old man, startled, hurried to join the rest as they tried to speed up the blood ritual. Sapphire walked back and forth, trying to compose herself in this dire situation. Her sister was drawing nearer and nearer, and it was only a matter of time before she caught her in her attempt to wake Delora up.

She had worked tirelessly to make this happen, and the last thing she wanted was her sister coming in and ruining all of her hard-earned work. It was something she couldn't afford and wouldn't allow to happen, no matter what the cost might be.

"If I wake up Delora, then all her power will be mine," Sapphire declared. "The very first thing I will do is ensure that I destroy this entire human world."

Her hatred for humans ran deep. It all started when she was the very first Vedan to be created and thrown into the land of man instead of the Vedans' world. She was found as just a baby by a woman who brought her home and decided to raise her. She didn't look like a typical Vedan; she had long, shiny black hair with a huge patch of white in the front that her adopted father liked to call the devil's mark.

She was despised by her adopted parents and subjected to unimaginable mistreatment, fueling her deep-seated hatred for humans. However, her life took a dramatic turn when she was rescued by none other than the Empyrean Queen Sylara, to whom she now owed her life.

Despite Sylara offering her the opportunity to leave her past behind and start anew as the sister of the mighty Empyrean Queen, she remained unsatisfied. Her sole objective was revenge for the countless wrongs inflicted upon her by humans. She yearned to bring an end to humanity, particularly the monsters who had once raised her, once and for all.
.
.
.
.
Sylara and Reagan sat in silence within the cave for hours, engulfed by the darkness of the night. The full moon above provided just enough light for them to see each other's faces in their surroundings.

Sylara, feeling bored, began playing with a small stone, while Reagan remained in a meditative state. Hours passed without a single word exchanged between them.

Attempting to break the oppressive silence, Sylara cleared her throat and spoke, "How long do you think it will take for the others to get here?"

"What happened to not speaking to each other?" Reagan asked, still with his eyes closed. Sylara scoffed and rolled her eyes, saying, "I guess asking you a question was a mistake on my part."

Reagan opened his eyes, turning towards her direction, and inquired, "Why are you always angry most of the time?"

"I am only angry when I am with you," she replied.

"Why?" Reagan couldn't help but ask, suddenly curious.

"I guess it's because you're just annoying, and I don't like you. There's something about you that spells danger, and I don't want to be involved in that," she explained.

Reagan smirked and said, "Are you sure you haven't fallen for my charms, Empyrean Queen, and this is your way of denying that you've already fallen for me?"

Sylara's cheeks flushed red as she blinked abruptly and retorted, "You are so full of yourself, Dragon King. What kind of woman would fall for someone like you?" She asked, while Reagan simply smiled and remained silent.