CHAPTER THIRTY ONE

I tilted my head to the side, studying the man standing before me

I tilted my head to the side, studying the man standing before me. He had grown significantly, but his features remained familiar, which made recognition easy.

The tavern owner, who had witnessed him dispatching the three royal guards, had provided us with information. Tracking him down to this inn hadn't been too challenging. He had undeniably grown stronger, no longer resembling the weak boy I remembered from years ago. He was a changed man.

"I had a hunch this would catch your attention," he remarked with a sly smile. "And I didn't anticipate you recognizing me either, dear sister. It's been many years since our last encounter."

Returning his smirk, I replied, "Forgive me for not revisiting sooner. I'm not one to keep weak children around, but it appears you've grown into something more than that."

He scoffed, his arrogance apparent. "And I thought you'd have grown less arrogant after all these years," he quipped before adding, "Now I see where I get it from."

"How dare you enter my kingdom and harm the very guards who serve the palace, Thorian," I retorted, taking a determined step towards him. "It would be unfortunate to have to harm my own brother. Leave."

"You certainly possess confidence, sister," he replied, closing the distance between us with a step forward. "What makes you think you have the power to harm me?"

We locked eyes, tension mounting, and it was clear we were on the brink of a confrontation. I scoffed, then delivered a hard blow to his head with my hand. "How dare you meet my gaze when you speak, you insolent brat.".

"Ouch," he winced, attempting to shield himself from my relentless assault, but I continued to strike his head.

"You've grown up, and now you have the audacity to speak to me as you please, you little brat!" I scolded, landing more blows before grabbing him by the ears and giving them a hard tug. "Do you suddenly have a death wish, you brat?"

"You're hurting me," he protested.

"Well, you deserve it, you brat!" I retorted sharply. "Just wait until I pull those ears of yours!"

"No, no, no, no!" he pleaded, managing to wriggle free from my grasp and retreating to a corner. "You haven't seen your own brother in years, and this is what you do, beat him up."

"It's what you deserve because you are a brat!" I shouted, preparing to strike him on the head once more. However, to my astonishment, he transformed into a little boy.

The little boy was undeniably cute, with innocent eyes and an endearing smile that contrasted starkly with his earlier arrogance.