CHAPTER FOURTEEN

#9 in creatures, I am so happy! Thank you all for your love and support. God bless you all 😊

 God bless you all 😊

"How did you lose it?" Cedrick asked, concern etched on his face. "His Majesty is not going to like this."

"I can retrieve it," Kira said, determination shining in her eyes. "I know they keep her somewhere in this place."

Kira and Cedrick moved silently through the dimly lit corridors, their steps barely audible. They whispered to each other, exchanging plans and strategies as they approached King Reagan's room.

"I saw them bring her in," Cedrick revealed, his voice barely a whisper. "She is exactly as the seer described. But how do we release her?"

"We shall find a way, even if it means we have to kill every single soldier in Konica's army," Kira declared with unwavering resolve. Finally, they arrived in front of Reagan's room. Kira turned to Cedrick and instructed him to wait there.

With a deep breath, Kira steeled herself and gently pushed the door open. As she entered, she closed it behind her, shutting out the outside world. Inside, King Reagan sat on a grand chair, his eyes fixed on the dancing flames in the hearth.

His face was concealed by an elaborate mask, making it impossible to discern his true emotions.

"Your Majesty," Kira called, her voice trembling slightly. She hesitated for a moment, the weight of her task heavy on her shoulders. But she knew there was no turning back now.

"Where is the girl?" Reagan's voice boomed, resonating with authority.

Kira swallowed hard, steeling herself once more.

Fear flickered in Kira's eyes, though she was not one easily frightened. She understood all too well the dire consequences that awaited her if she failed to deliver what King Reagan sought.

"They took her," Kira finally confessed, her voice laced with regret and a hint of desperation.

Silence enveloped the room, stretching out like an eternity. Reagan's gaze remained fixed on the crackling flames, his face an impenetrable mask.

Then, after what felt like an eternity, he slowly rose from his seat, his towering figure casting a shadow over the room. Kira's heart sank, realizing the weight of her failure.

"You failed me," Reagan's voice boomed, each word seeping with disappointment and fury.

Kira's head lowered, her body instinctively bowing before her king. " "If it pleases you, my king, I offer my life, for I am unworthy to stand in your presence," she offered, her voice imbued with resignation. "Yet, grant me but a final opportunity, and I shall exert every ounce of effort to make sure..."

"You shall do nothing," Reagan interrupted, his voice cutting through the air with finality. ". "Your actions have sufficed." Pausing for a moment, his penetrating gaze locked onto hers. "I shall undertake matters from this point forward."