CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN

KIRA POV

KIRA POV

 I stood in place, while he, as usual, occupied the chair. His expression remained hidden behind the mask. "Your Majesty, the queen is undergoing the training as you requested," I paused briefly before continuing, "Although this may not fully restore her memory, it should still positively impact her recovery."

Unsurprisingly, the king maintained his silence. With a light bow, I began to turn away, intending to exit the room. However, a thought struck me, causing me to turn back toward the king. "Your Majesty, the queen has lost her sight, and we all know that every vedan derives from their sight. I believe we need sapphire to aid her."

Predictably, His Majesty remained silent. With a defeated bow, I exited the room, my mind racing to determine the next course of action. Stepping outside, I locked eyes with Cedric, his expectant expression prompting me for an answer. I shook my head in resignation, mirroring his deep sigh. Together, we began to traverse the corridor, engaging in conversation.

"How can we possibly persuade His Majesty to permit Sapphire's assistance in the queen's training?" Cedric inquired, to which I could only offer a shrug, my uncertainty apparent. Convincing His Majesty was a challenge, given his well-known stubbornness, rendering the inclusion of Sapphire almost an impossible  task.

We paused by a window in the castle while walking down the corridor. From the window, I could see the training grounds where the queen was engaged in learning to wield a sword. However, her practice partner was relentless, landing blow after blow due to the queen's struggle to grasp the skill.

"Do you think that woman would be so tough on the queen if she knew who she really was?" I asked Cedrick. He shook his head, indicating his doubt.

"No, she wouldn't risk it. If they realized she was the queen, fear would likely take over," he replied. Letting out a deep sigh, I continued to watch as the queen persisted with her efforts, despite the challenges. Each swing of the wooden sword seemed to come up short as she faced her skilled opponent. Eventually, I tore my gaze away and began walking alongside Cedrick once more. There was little within my control; this training was at His Majesty's behest, though the purpose behind it remained unclear to me.

JAMARI

Gasping for air, I tumbled to the ground, blood staining my mouth as I dragged my fingers through my hair. The past seven days had been a relentless struggle as I tried desperately to master swordplay, yet my attempts had yielded no success.