CHAPTER TEN

Jamari couldn't contain her excitement as she took her first steps into the bustling main village

Jamari couldn't contain her excitement as she took her first steps into the bustling main village. The atmosphere was lively, yet strangely quiet with only a few people scattered around. She carefully observed her surroundings, ensuring her face remained hidden beneath the protective cover of her hood.

Corvus, sensing her anticipation, took flight from her shoulder. It wouldn't do for a crow to draw too much attention, after all. Jamari relied on the bird's keen vision to guide her through the village, seeing the world through its eyes.

The sight that greeted her was overwhelming. The village was teeming with humans, going about their daily activities. Houses lined the streets, each with its own unique charm. It was a far cry from the secluded cabin where she had been locked away for twenty long years.

As they entered the vibrant market, Jamari found herself immersed in a sea of bustling merchants and eager customers. She marveled at the colorful array of goods on display, her eyes widening with wonder. From exquisite fabrics to aromatic spices, the market was a treasure trove of sensory delights.

Her curiosity burned within her, but she refrained from asking too many questions. Corvus, unable to fly too close to her without drawing attention, maintained a safe distance. Jamari silently observed the humans surrounding her, her gaze fixating on each passing face.

Some were aged, their weathered features telling stories of a life well-lived. Others were young and full of vigor, their eyes gleaming with dreams and aspirations. She even noticed children, their innocence radiating through their laughter and playful antics.

Each person she encountered possessed a unique beauty, but Jamari couldn't help but search for someone who shared her own distinct features. With her snow-white hair and ethereal pale skin, she stood out among the crowd. Yet, she didn't dwell on it too much, focusing instead on the newfound freedom of exploration.

Lost in the market's allure, Jamari's smile grew wider as she gently ran her fingers across the intricate patterns of a beautiful garment. Some onlookers gave her strange glances, likely due to the oversized hood obscuring her face. Unfazed by their curiosity, she continued to browse the market, captivated by the variety of sights and sounds that surrounded her.

she wandered through the market, exploring the vibrant stalls and colorful wares, her senses were overwhelmed. The scents of various foods mingled in the air, enticing her appetite. The sound of bartering voices filled her ears, intermixed with the laughter of children playing nearby.

Amidst the bustling activity, her attention was drawn to a small child who approached her, tugging at the hem of her cloak. His wide, innocent eyes held a plea for help. Jamari knelt down to his level, her heart filled with compassion.