CHAPTER TWO

.
.
.

After the tragic incident that had befallen Konica, years passed by as the kingdom tried to come to terms with the loss of their beloved queen. The king, in particular, was inconsolable and his grief quickly turned into rage as he searched tirelessly for the evil child who had caused his wife's death. However, little did he know that the queen had made the ultimate sacrifice by giving up her life for the sake of her own child.

As time went on, the hatred for children born as Vedan only grew stronger among the people of Konica. They were blamed for the queen's death and were seen as evil creatures that brought nothing but destruction and chaos wherever they went. The king's hatred for them was especially palpable as he ordered their deaths immediately upon birth, without any mercy or compassion.

The once-beautiful kingdom of Konica was now a place of fear and despair. The people lived in constant terror, never knowing when their lives would be taken away by the king's soldiers who were always on the lookout for newborn Vedan babies. The streets were empty and the once-bustling markets were now abandoned as people lived in hiding, afraid to even whisper the name "Vedan" for fear of being heard.

It was a dark time in Konica's history, one that would be remembered for generations to come. The king's anger had consumed him, and his hatred for the Vedan children had turned him into a tyrant who ruled with an iron fist. As the years went on, the people of Konica could only hope for a savior to come and free them from the oppressive rule of their king.

"Follow me," whispered Jamari, her delicate hand gesturing towards her feathered companion. The crow, a dark silhouette in the dimly lit room, hopped off the window sill and gracefully flew to Jamari's shoulder, perching itself firmly.

Jamari had always been blind, a fate she had accepted ever since she could remember. But the mysterious connection she had with the crow had given her something almost magical. Through its eyes, she could finally see.

For years, Jamari had been forbidden from entering her godmother's magical room. But tonight, she had a plan. With the crow's help, she would finally venture inside and take the magical potion that can help release the bonding spell around the cabin, and perhaps discover the secrets that Marcella had kept from her for so long

The small cabin that Marcella had kept her in was familiar to Jamari's touch, but with the crow as her guide, she felt more confident than ever. She walked softly and deliberately, her hearing sharper than most, and her other senses heightened to compensate for her blindness.

As they reached the door of the magical room, Jamari's heart raced with anticipation. She placed her hand on the doorknob, turned it gently, and stepped inside.

The room was filled with mysterious objects and strange potions that glimmered in the flickering candlelight. Jamari's eyes widened as she took it all in, and the crow cawed softly, as if in agreement.

For a moment, Jamari forgot that she was blind. With the crow's eyes as her own, she felt more alive than ever before. But then she remembered the warning Marcella had given her, that she must never enter this room.

Was she making a mistake? Or was this the moment she had been waiting for, the moment that would change everything?

Only time would tell, but for now, Jamari stood in the magical room, surrounded by wonder and mystery, ready to face whatever secrets lay ahead.