CHAPTER THIRTEEN

We managed to hit #96 in creatures and just yesterday we were on #132, I am so happy. Thank you guys for the support. Enjoy.

.
.
.

Jamari's mind raced with disbelief and curiosity. "How? What? I thought Vedans were killed here, Corvus," she stammered, her confusion evident.

Corvus, still recovering from the shock, replied, "I thought so too. Apart from you, I never thought I would see another Vedan of this age. She appears to be older as well."
this time, bird."

With her attention fixed on Jamari once again, Kira asserted, "We leave now."

Jamari's heart pounded in her chest, torn between fear and a burning desire for answers. She attempted to break free from Kira's tight grip, her voice trembling as she questioned, "What is it you want from me?"

"It is not me who wants something from you," Kira clarified, her voice tinged with urgency and hesitation. "It is my king."

Corvus, still bewildered by the revelation, interjected, "The king of Konica, Herad? He will kill her."

Kira shook her head, her gaze fixed on Jamari. "Not the king of Konica. The king of Drakonia."

Jamari's eyes widened in shock and fear coursed through her veins. The Dragon King, ruler of Drakonia, a legendary and powerful figure known for his power and dominance. What could he possibly want with her?

With a firm resolve, Kira proceeded to tie Jamari's hands together in front of her, using a rope as a makeshift leash. The knot tightened, emphasizing her lack of freedom.

"Corvus," Jamari called out, her voice trembling with desperation "is that the king of the dragons?"

Corvus, his feathers ruffled and his eyes filled with concern, nodded solemnly. "Yes, my lady. The Dragon King seeks you for a reason unknown to us. But his intentions cannot be taken lightly" he turns to Kira "will you at least tell us why he wants her?"

Kira ignored Jamari's question, refusing to break her silence. With every step they took, Jamari's fear grew, overshadowing the natural beauty surrounding them in the woods. She couldn't understand why so many bad things had already happened in such a short span of time since venturing into the outside world.

Curiosity gnawed at Jamari, and she couldn't resist asking about the mysterious men who had attempted to take him captive earlier. "who were those men you killed?" She turned to Kira, hoping for a shred of information. But once again, she ignored her, her silence becoming increasingly frustrating.

Questions plagued Jamari's mind, and she couldn't bear the uncertainty any longer. She halted her steps, determined to elicit some answers from his enigmatic companion.

"Unless you give me the answers I seek," Jamari declared, her voice resolute, "I am not moving an inch."

Kira finally stopped in her tracks. She turned to face Jamari, her gaze fixed on her. With a sigh, she spoke, her voice laced with intrigue. "Stubborn, aren't you?"

A defiant spark ignited within Jamari as she retorted, "You have no idea." Her voice carried determination and frustration, her resolve unyielding. She refused to be treated as a pawn in this mysterious game. If Kira wanted her cooperation, she would have to provide him with the answers he sought.

Kira's intuition persisted, a lingering unease settled upon her. She couldn't shake off the nagging feeling that someone was watching their every move, lurking in the shadows and trailing their footsteps. Yet, she chose to push the notion aside, focusing on the matter at hand..

"Just like you have no idea how dire things could become for you if you choose to disregard my words," Kira's voice dripped with a threatening undertone, her eyes piercing into Jamari's soul. "It would be a pity if I were forced to harm you."