CHAPTER FORTY EIGHT

CHAPTER FORTY EIGHT

Jamari entered the battle arena, taking her seat among fellow warriors who patiently awaited their turns. She was genuinely surprised by the look of the setting; the arena was very big, with spectators circling it from their seats, leaving a spacious central field for the event that was about to hold.

Corvus shifted his eyes to the opposite side across the field and spotted Reagan, who sat still with Kira and Cedrick standing beside him, accompanied by other highly respected individuals—easily recognizable by their dignified appearance. She nervously bit her lower lip, unsure of what to expect. The thought of her impending death in front of a big audience like this left her feeling trapped, with no clear escape from Lyra.

Today was a very important day for lyra. After years of rigorous training, this day would decide her fate as an official soldier. Jamari was well aware that Lyra's determination to end her life would be stronger than ever, which only added to her own confusion about how to handle this situation. The air was thick with rumors and murmurs, so deafening that it made it nearly impossible to hear the words of those seated beside her, well if she didn't have heightened hearing ofcourse.

With each passing second, Jamari's nervousness intensified, and she silently thanked her luck that Lyra was currently nowhere to be found, sparing her from any taunts. "When is this going to start?" someone behind jamari inquired, their voice dripping with frustration.

Jamari swallowed hard and took a deep breath. Finally, Corvus' eyes landed on Lyra, who stood there in a bronze battle armor, wielding two sharp axes. Her hair was pulled back into a ponytail, and on either side of her face, two straight lines were drawn like whiskers with black ink.

Lyra didn't display the same nervousness that Jamari felt. Instead, she appeared calm and relaxed, engaging in conversation with her friends. Her confidence radiated, and it was evident that she believed she would secure a spot in the Drakonia army.

"Now look at Lyra," someone behind Jamari commented. "The smile of confidence on her face tells you today is her lucky day as she's finally going to become a part of the army."

"I agree with you on that," someone else interjected with a wry smile. "Oh, how I wish I had been partnered with such an incompetent companion. I could have passed my exams four years ago and be proudly wearing that Drakonia uniform right now. But fate had other plans, you see. I got paired up with none other than that water or should I say azure Vedan, Zephyra. It's almost too unfair, don't you think?"