CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

Overwhelmed and burdened, every single thing felt like too much. The weight of the situation bore down heavily upon me, and my thoughts became a chaotic mess. I couldn't fathom the idea that I might be to blame for the dragon's king curse. What could possibly be the reason behind it? My mind swirled with a relentless series of questions.

In that moment, my instinct turned to escape, a desperate longing to flee the Kingdom at any cost, no matter the consequences. However, a haunting memory resurfaced of my last attempt to escape. I recalled the dreadful outcome when I ended up in the clutches of my deranged father. Now, I can't help but wonder what cruel fate awaits me if I dare to make a run for it again this time.

In that moment, I found myself fervently praying for the day to pass quickly, consumed by curiosity about what the dragon king had in store for me.

A gentle knock on the door disrupted my thoughts, and I welcomed the visitor with a call to enter. Within seconds, a familiar face appeared, her expression as stern as ever, and her presence commanding. It was Kira, the formidable grand general, standing before me with her head slightly bowed.

"What brings the mighty grand general to my room?" I inquired after a brief moment, hoping to break the tense silence that filled the air.

In that tense moment, Kira finally spoke, her voice carrying both authority and a touch of deference. "My apologies for intruding, your majesty," she began, her piercing gaze fixed on me, "but I would like to inform you personally that I have been chosen by the king to train you in combat and other necessary fighting skills you need to acquire, in preparation for the war that looms ahead."

Her words sent a wave of confusion rippling through me, and I found myself struggling to process the weight of her statement. After what felt like an eternity of silence, I mustered the courage to speak up, seeking clarity in the midst of uncertainty. "I don't know much about the monarchy in Drakonia or most of the traditions of this kingdom," I admitted, "but why should I go to war if I am just a queen?"

Kira's expression remained steadfast, her unwavering determination evident. "Because it is what you must do," she asserted firmly. "Before the tragic event that led to your untimely demise in your first life, you were not only the powerful Queen of all Vedans, but also a mighty warrior—a force to be reckoned with on the battlefield."

"How was I a warrior when I do not even belong to the Ashen clan or should I say the warrior clan of Vedans? I am an Empyrean vedan, am I not?" I asked, the confusion within me deepening with each passing moment.

"That part I do not know, my queen," Kira replied with respect in her tone. "But from all I have heard, you were a powerful warrior, skilled not only in combat but also in harnessing magical powers. The king believes that if you are to ever remember who you were or who you used to be, then perhaps relearning the art of combat can be of great help."

A heavy sigh escaped my lips as I expressed my heartfelt frustration. "I do not want to fulfill all of these responsibilities or whatever demands the king places upon me. I have no desire to partake in this war or to be molded into the person you all want me to become. The only thing I yearn for is to return to that humble cabin with my God mother," I admitted, the longing for a simpler life evident in my words.

Kira paused for a moment, her eyes softening as she tried to find the right words. "The dragon king strongly desires your involvement in this war because he knows that you possess a unique power, a power that could tip the scales in our favor. While he is indeed a mighty ruler, even he recognizes the significance of your abilities. But I understand your reluctance, and I will not force you into anything you do not wish to do."

"Why does the dragon king strongly desire me to be in this war? Is he not the mighty dragon king? I am sure he has it all under control because I am not going to be doing any of the things you all demand of me," I questioned, frustration evident in my voice.

"I really do not have the answers you seek. Perhaps it would be better if his majesty gives you all the answers you seek," Kira replied, her demeanor remaining composed despite my growing exasperation.

With a hint of sarcasm, I scoffed at her response, feeling overwhelmed by the weight of the  expectations placed upon me. "I have heard that multiple times before," I retorted, my voice tinged with tiredness. "It doesn't matter because I am not doing any of the things you all demand of me. Ever since I arrived here, all you have done is confuse me, dropping huge secrets on me without any regard for what I might want. I don't want to hear any more of it."

I could feel the pressure inside me, torn between the memories of a past life I couldn't fully grasp and the pressure to embrace a destiny that felt strange and unwanted. The weight of it all was suffocating, and I yearned for a moment of peace, a chance to make sense of it all on my own terms.

Kira didn't say a word; instead, she bowed slightly as she prepared to leave, her demeanor a mix of respect and restraint.

"You are an Ashen Vedan, aren't you? Why can't you get your tribe to fight the war instead?" I questioned, seeking to understand the situation better.

Kira suddenly halted in her tracks, her eyes on me as if contemplating how to respond. "I am not sure," she replied, a hint of vulnerability creeping into her voice.

Confused by her answer, I furrowed my brow and pressed for clarification. "What do you mean?" I asked, my curiosity piqued.

Her gaze softened, and she took a step closer, sharing a piece of her own struggle. "What I mean is that I am not sure where I truly belong," she admitted, her voice tinged with introspection. "I am too Vedan for the humans and too human for the Vedans, so I find myself caught between two worlds, never truly fitting in either."

"I still don't understand," I confessed, trying to grasp the depth of her words.

With a hint of sarcasm in her tone, she replied, "What I am saying is that I am now facing the consequences of a romantic affair between a human and a Vedan—a relationship that some might have considered foolish or reckless. To make matters even more complicated, they had a child together which happens to be me. Can you imagine that?"

As her words settled in, I took a deep breath and listened attentively, recognizing the weight of her emotions.

"I do not even know which side to take in this longstanding hatred between the Humans and the Vedans," she continued, her voice laden with conflicted emotions. "The only identity I truly have is being a grand general in Drakonia, your majesty."

As I listened to her words, I felt an immediate sense of sobriety wash over me. Kira's honesty and vulnerability resonated deeply, and I realized that her own confusion mirrored my own.

"I know you are confused right now, your majesty, but I have been confused all my life. One thing I know for sure is that I finally have a purpose, which is to help you remember who you are," she earnestly expressed. "We are all confused, but we each have a role that we simply can't ignore."

Kira's words struck a chord within me, and I sensed the weight of her dedication and commitment. Despite her own struggles, she had found her purpose in guiding me towards my forgotten past.

Corvus and I were both stunned by the depth of Kira's emotions and her unwavering dedication. She spoke truths that resonated within our souls, prompting us to reflect on the responsibilities we carried.

Without saying another word, Kira turned around and left the room, leaving me alone with my thoughts. The silence that followed allowed the gravity of her words to sink in, leaving me grappling with the reality of my newfound destiny.

"She is not wrong, my lady," Corvus interjected, breaking the silence. "You have a responsibility you simply can't ignore."

Taking a deep breath, I sank into the softness of the bed, Kira's words echoing in my mind. The weight of the revelations and the responsibilities ahead made my head spin, but determination surged within me.

"I have a lot of questions, and I am determined to get answers from the dragon king when I visit his room tonight," I thought resolutely.

The uncertainty of what awaited me added a touch of fear, yet I couldn't ignore the burning curiosity within. The  memories of my past and the truth about my identity seemed to be within reach, and I was determined to unravel the mysteries that shrouded my existence.

All I need to do is just go to the dragon's king's room tonight......

Please vote and comment guys 🥺