CHAPTER FIFTY TWO

"You weren't so bad out there yourself," Thorian remarked, a faint smirk tugging at the corner of his lips as Erza's figure gradually drew closer

"You weren't so bad out there yourself," Thorian remarked, a faint smirk tugging at the corner of his lips as Erza's figure gradually drew closer. Her usual smug expression remained intact as she crossed her arms, her gaze flitting toward the panther standing by Thorian's side.

"Too bad you didn't lose the panther. I was kind of looking forward to seeing you torn apart by his mother," she said, her panther walking over to her as she lovingly stroked its head, a smile playing on her lips. With a shift of focus, she addressed Thorian, "Thanks for looking after him. It seems he likes you, which is unusual because he doesn't like anyone."

"Well, I have a special way of bonding with people, and animals too, I guess," he said, while Erza nodded, looking nonchalant as she shrugged and replied,

"Oh well, I will be on my way now." She walked past Thorian with her panther as he said, "Erza isn't it? I am Thorian. I look forward to seeing you around."

She stopped in her tracks, turned towards him, and replied, "Can't say the same for me." Without giving him a chance to say more, she walked away, leaving him smiling to himself. He hardly found anyone interesting besides himself, but she was certainly intriguing, and he had a feeling he would enjoy having her around.

Meanwhile, Jamari stood on the field, sweat streaming down her forehead, while Lyra swung her two axes with a taunting smile plastered across her face.

Reagan observed the event with full attention, maintaining his usual cold behavior. However, inside, his mind raced with various possibilities for how this would end. He would not to let her die, but this time, he planned on interfering as little as possible. It was important for her to remember who she was, and what he was merely giving her a gentle nudge.

Kira also watched with undivided attention, her eyes occasionally darting towards the king. She tried to read his body language for any reaction to the event, but found none. Deep down, she was filled with worry, not wanting anything to happen to the queen. However, she couldn't help but wonder why the king didn't seem as concerned as she was. She couldn't shake the thought that perhaps the king wanted his queen to meet an unfortunate end today.

"There's no need to use such weapons to squash a fly," she said, dropping the axes to the ground. "I plan on killing you with my bare hands today," she added, while Jamari gulped.

Jamari stood in place, ready to attack, lifting her sword. Lyra cracked her neck and knuckles, muttering, "This shouldn't take long." She made a hand sign to Jamari, urging her to bring it on.

Jamari tightened her grip around her sword, sprinting towards Lyra. As she lifted her sword to strike, Lyra effortlessly dodged the attack, causing Jamari to strike the air and stumble forward.