CHAPTER FORTY FIVE

I have decided to post the book here... enjoy guys and please support me with your votes and comment... If you will like to read the book ahead then check it out on webnovel
.
.
.
I looked at my reflection in the mirror, seeing through the eyes of Corvus. My lips remained tightly pressed together as I studied my body, now covered with crimson marks, all thanks to the Dragon King. My nipples appeared swollen and sensitive, carrying the red imprints of his touch. I turned to examine my bare buttocks, marked with the handprint of that wild man. He truly was untamed!

My exceedingly pale skin made these marks stand out even more, their appearance angry even though I could not feel any pain from them. Instead, they served as a reminder of the passion we had once shared. Memories flooded my mind—his tongue caressing my skin, his whispered words in my ears, the pleasure his fingers stirred within me, bringing me to the brink of ecstasy. It left me frustrated, consumed by the knowledge that we couldn't explore further, that our carriage journey had to end prematurely when there was so much more we could have done.

As soon as we returned to the palace, he got himself busy with his royal duties, leaving me frustrated in my room, replaying memories of his touch against my skin. He seemed perfect, and our strong chemistry in the carriage made me wonder about our past connection.

However, judging by his current coldness to me, it appeared we weren't past lovers. I was left with numerous unanswered questions.

My heart sank once more when I recalled the distressing scene I had witnessed at that place, the images from the vision flashed repeatedly in my head adding to the distress. Tears welled up in my eyes as I sat on the bed, struggling to hold them back.

"What's troubling you, my lady?" Corvus asked, his sharp eyes catching the sudden shadow that swept across my face. I let out a heavy sigh, unable to control my emotions.

"It's sad, truly," I confessed, my voice low. "To witness so much death and suffering, knowing that my abilities are as useless as they come."

I wiped away a stray tear with the back of my hand, frustration written all over my face. "Why would the gods choose such a weak guardian like me for humans, only to allow it perish so easily? It's almost as if my existence itself is a prove of my own uselessness."

Corvus leaned in closer, his voice comforting . "There's a deeper tale here, one you've yet to uncover," he said. "I believe the gods chose you with purpose. They crafted you because they saw your potential. In the annals of history, the Empyrean Queen stood as humanity's guardian for countless years before her first death. If you could serve in that role for such a long period, it means your power far exceeds what you currently believe."

"I understand, Corvus, but consider my situation," I began, using the back of my hand to wipe away the tears that had welled up. "I'm blind and feel utterly powerless. The fate of humanity hangs in the balance, and it seems there's little I can do, even though I desperately want to save them." I sniffled, my voice heavy with emotion. "Please, Corvus, tell me what I can do."

Corvus sat on my shoulder, his presence offering comfort. "The duel is only two days away," he stated. "Perhaps it's time to shed the self-pity and doubt, my lady. Start training vigorously to best Lyra, and we'll assess the situation from there."

With a graceful leap, Corvus landed on my thighs, his eyes on me. "Power means little without effort, especially for someone as powerful as yourself," he emphasized.

I bit my lip softly while I contemplated Corvus's words. His wisdom resonated with me, and with the duel just two days away, there was no use in running or attempting to escape any longer. It appeared increasingly likely that I might even get killed by a demon before I could get to Konica if I decide to run away like I had planned.