CHAPTER FIFTY SIX

Jamari groaned and shifted uncomfortably in the warm, soft bed she was lying on. Her eyes were still shut tight, but her body was fully awake, yet strangely weak. It felt like she had been sleeping for days.

Her memories were hazy, like fragments of a dream slipping away. She couldn't help but try hard to remember what could have happened, and why she found herself on this bed.

As her eyes slowly fluttered open, she was met with an unexpected sight. Her vision was blurry, not the total pitch darkness she was used to, and it wasn't utterly clear either. "What's going on?" she asked, a note of confusion in her voice, as she put her hands in front of her eyes and waved at them to be sure these blurry images were from her own eyes and not maybe corvus.

Millions of questions raced through her mind at that moment, and she desperately looked for answers, though she couldn't figure out how to. Unable to comprehend what was happening and how she was able to see, she pondered, "What exactly is going on?"

"You are awake," a deep voice said, causing Jamari to abruptly sit upright in bed. Though the image was blurry, she discerned that it was none other than the dragon king himself, seated relaxed on a chair not too far away, his face unmasked.

"You," Jamari managed to say, while Reagan offered no immediate response. He simply stared at her, the silence stretching on until Jamari finally broke it, asking, "How long have I been here?"

"You," Jamari managed to say, while Reagan offered no immediate response. He simply stared at her, the silence stretching on before Jamari finally broke it, asking, "How long have I been here?"

"17 days," he responded as her eyes shot up in shock. She couldn't make sense of what was going on, and the look of shock on her face was incomparable.

"H...ho...how could I have been sleeping for 17 days?" she stammered, running her fingers through her hair in an attempt to make sense of the situation. She tried hard to remember what happened, and then it finally struck her. She had lost all control, and even though she was aware of her surroundings, she had no control over the power surging through her that day, nearly destroying the entire arena. "You could have killed me," she blurted out.

"And you could have killed everyone," he responded, while Jamari sighed and inhaled deeply before running her hands through her hair.

"My eyes, I'm not sure how, but for some reason, I can see a little. It's not as clear as what I see through Corvus' eyes, but my eyes are not completely useless right now." Although Jamari couldn't see the expression on Reagan's face, she sensed him getting up from his chair, walking towards her, and sitting on the bed close to her. He reached out to softly grab Jamari by the chin.

"You can see me?" he asked, while Jamari arched her brow in confusion before removing his hand from her chin and responding, "Not really, but a little. What is happening to me dragon king? This eyes has never seen anything before so why now? Why now?" Having him so close, she could discern some of his features, and he was still as perfectly sculpted as ever.

He sighed, saying, "I will have the physician examine you. I'm not sure how you regained your eyesight, but perhaps it has something to do with..." He paused before adding, "Before the tournament, did you see Sapphire?"

She thought hard for a moment before something finally struck her. "Yes, I did. I saw her before the tournament. She didn't say anything important—just mentioned something about a surprise."

Reagan pondered for a while before stating, "She must have done something to you, which explains why your vision returned a little. I don't know what she did or how she managed to obtain the powers to do so, but she did something."