CHAPTER FIFTY FOUR

Warning: this chapter extreme contains violence, please skip if you are not comfortable

An exquisitely beautiful woman with flowing, snow-white hair strolled gracefully through a field of beautiful flowers. Their enchanting fragrance enveloped her senses, causing a gentle smile to grace her lips.

She gracefully stooped to pluck a flower, still smiling softly to herself as she brought it to her nose. "Nature remains as stunning as the last time I visited," she whispered to herself, tucking a strand of her long white hair behind her ear.

Her eyes wandered, absorbing the surrounding natural beauty until it landed on an unexpected sight. There, under the shade of a tree, lay a man, peacefully asleep. "A human male," she softly mused as curiosity drew her closer to inspect him.

As she drew closer, her heart raced in a way it hadn't in her centuries of existence. The sight of this man was truly captivating, he was breathtaking . His peaceful sleep under the tree only added to his remarkable beauty.

"I never knew your kind could be so mesmerizing," she murmured to herself, lowering herself into a squat right before him. To her surprise, the human male remained undisturbed, lost in hus sleep.

Driven by her curiosity, she extended her hands to trace the contours of his face. Her fingertips gently brushed against his warm skin, and she observed, "He is so warm, exceptionally warm." Her hand moved lower, almost grazing his lips, and the uncertainty crept in. Could he truly be human? The energy she sensed from him was anything but ordinary, unlike that of an average human.

Just as her fingertips neared his lips, a warm, masculine hand wrapped around her wrist, stopping her exploration.

"Uhn," escaped her lips as the man's eyes gently fluttered open, locking onto hers. His gaze cold yet blazed with intensity, his touch radiating heat as they maintained unbroken eye contact.

Silence took over as they locked eyes, her heart started beating very fast again. She couldn't help but contemplate - was this, perhaps, love at first sight?

"You disappoint me, Reagan. You are so unpredictable. It would have cost you nothing to drive a dagger through her heart, just as you did the first time," Sapphire taunted, a sinister smile dancing on her lips.

Reagan's jaw clenched as he shot back, "I'll savor the day I get to end you, Sapphire." His anger simmered dangerously close to boiling over. She was the cause of so much destruction, the reason everything had gone out of control years ago.

"Ah, but that day will come, my dear Reagan," Sapphire purred, drawing closer. Her fingers traced a path across his chest. "In the meantime, I'll take pleasure in making your life a living hell."

She leaned in whispering in his ear, her words a siren's song of malice. "Cherish the little time you have with my sister. There's no happy ending for you two, not as long as I'm in the picture." She flashed a cryptic smile and turned to leave, but just before departing, she couldn't resist adding a final twist. "Oh, and there's one more surprise in store for you today. Be expecting it." With that, she sauntered away, leaving Reagan infuriated.

Reagan's frustration welled up inside him, rendering him powerless for the first time in his entire existence. Sapphire, a heaven's vedan with her full power intact, was not something he could kill. Killing her was beyond his reach, at least without the right weapon. He was extremely powerful no doubt, and the only reason he was still alive is because sapphire can not kill him either even though she tried. They were both powerful forces that wanted destruction upon each other but couldn't unleash it.

The sole reason Jamari, a heaven's vedan remained vulnerable to death was her lack of powers, but most crucially, her absence of eyes. Vedans drew their power from their eyes, and Jamari's eyeless state rendered her as weak and defenseless as a mere human.