CHAPTER FIFTY SEVEN

Jamari gazes out of her room's window, lost in thought as the world below blurs through her vision

Jamari gazes out of her room's window, lost in thought as the world below blurs through her vision. Various thoughts race through her mind, prompting her to take a deep breath in an attempt to find a solution to her current predicament.

"Shouldn't you be looking through my eyes, my lady? Your vision has just returned, and straining it might not be wise," Corvus comments as Jamari draws in a deep breath.

"It's alright, Corvus. I'm just grateful to finally see through my own eyes, even if the vision isn't perfect," she replies with a small smile. Stepping away from the window, she pours herself a glass of water and asks, "When do you think the king will stop avoiding me? It's been two days now."

"I'm certain the king has his reasons; perhaps respecting his boundaries would be the prudent course of action here," Corvus suggested, but Jamari scoffed. She brought the water to her lips, gulping it down as she settled onto the bed.

"The king avoids questions, especially about my past. He won't disclose the connection we shared or anything I need to know," she explained, running her fingers through her hair and biting her lower lip, deep in contemplation.

A soft knock on the door diverted her attention, and the head maid Delores entered with a respectful bow. "Regrettably, the king cannot meet with you at the moment," she announced. Jamari took a deep breath, running her fingers through her hair again, and the maid continued, "However, there's a royal banquet scheduled for today. He requests your presence there."

Jamari took a deep breath, directing her attention toward the maid delivering then message. Several more maids entered, each bowing respectfully while carrying trays adorned with various accessories and a stunning garment. They all bowed before the queen, and one spoke, "The king ordered that we assist you in getting ready."

A hint of sarcasm colored Jamari's response as she stood up, walking toward the maids. "Now the king finds a use for me," she remarked, acknowledging the first maiden, Delores, with gratitude. She thought for a while before saying "However, this dress isn't what I need today."

"If it doesn't meet your majesty's standards, I can have the royal seamstress craft something more fitting to your taste," Delores replied. Jamari shook her head, offering a response.

"I need something a bit more revealing, something that reveals a hint more skin," Jamari expressed.

"Skin?" Delores responded, sharing a bewildered glance with the other maid. "Your majesty, perhaps you could clarify; we're a bit confused."

"A garment that exposes more skin, similar to what an entertainer might wear," Jamari explained, taking a step closer to the flabbergasted maid. "Do you comprehend my request, Delores?"

"I understand," Delores replied hesitantly, "but, my Queen, an outfit inspired by an entertainer doesn't seem fitting for your royal status as the queen of Drakonia. The king would not take kindly to such attire at the banquet. He would kill us if we dress you up in such"