60) Shadows' influence

"Honey, should we call the police?" A woman asks her partner from the terrified customers who have now gathered at a corner, scared to move and horrified to stay.
The entrance slash exit is blocked, leaving them no way out. All they can do is hold their breath and pray that the domineering man sitting next to his companion will not notice them.

"Are you crazy?" Her partner hisses disappointed. He swings his gaze on the large backs of the bodyguards wearing their special gear and his eyes grow in admiration. "Do you have any idea how expensive their gear is? Do you think any Dick and Harry can afford it?"

His words make her even more terrified as she clings firmly to his arm. "But what does their argument have to do with us?"

"Could you just shut up?" He casts a sharp glare at the red-haired woman grasping his arm tighter than any binding before returning his eyes on the couple who have brought the entire store to a standstill.

Annie's throat slowly starts drying up. The sight of the professional guards who surround them from every angle and the curious eyes of the other customers make her want to crawl and disappear in the chair. The attention is just too...much.
She glances to the side, intending to ask Jack to take her away from there, but seeing his cold expression leaves her more anxious than a second ago.

"Who-who are you?" The attendant asks, her voice shaking from the fear turning her skin even paler. Her eyes bounced from Jack to Annie and then to the serious-looking men and women standing tall and defensive behind them.
"Y-you, you sho-should leave."
Her arrogance is fading, exposing the vulnerable side in her.

Jack pushes his glasses back to their position, casually sitting on the chair in a dominant posture that spills much more arrogance than any other man alive.
He ignores her question and turns to Annie.
"How do you want to punish her?"

Annie's eyes widen at the sudden question which brings with it the weight of the stares being diverted on her.
Her lips part yet no sound makes it out.
Jack smiles, understanding her even without any words.

His attention swings back to the attendant whose eyes plead with him without her own knowledge.
"Kneel!"

"Kne-kne-kneel?"

"Stan?"

"Yes Sir?"
He hurries to stand beside Jack.

"Are my words inaudible?"

"No Sir!"

"Mmm... Bring me her information in the next five minutes."

Stan gives a short hard nod before turning to his team. "I want all her details in three minutes."

A call is immediately made back to the headquarters, conveying their boss's order, which sends the entire tech team in a technical rush through every app, platform, and any other web presence the attendant may have ever used.

Another wave of fear attacks all who are present. Leaving their throats cracking dry and their eyes painful from the lack of blinking.

A minute later, Stan walks up to the seated couple accompanied by a man who appears to be in his mid-thirties.
"Sir, this is the manager. A Mr Ripley."

"Hmm... Mr Ripley?"

"Yes, Sir?" Mr Ripley drags his feet to stand in front of Jack and Annie. His hands have balled up into anxious fists which begin to sweat profusely as he faces the couple.
"Um...anything I can help you with, Sir? Anything at all."

Jack raises his lazy gaze to the slim man who seems ready to piss himself off if frightened any further.
"Do you know who I am?"

Mr Ripley's gray eyes examine Jack, keen not to strip him of anything lest he loses his eyes. "N-no, Sir."