31) A sexual beast

He had come for...me.

"Jack!" I cried immobilized.

His face held no emotion whatsoever, but his eyes possessed a trace of anger as he looked past me and onto Paul.

The older man walked closer to us, to me. With his faint footsteps, I didn't blame myself too much for missing his entrance.

His eyes finally fell on me as he placed a hand on my shoulder. "How are you feeling?"
My eyes reacted to his voice, once more blurring my vision.
   "Come here." Jack pulled me against his body like I was a delicate doll that could break if force was used.

   I shamelessly wrapped my arms around his waist and pressed the side of my face on his chest. The fast beats of his heart spoke of an emotion that he was hiding. Could it be, rage?
   He must have seen Paul kissing me.
That may have left a negative impact on his heart, that was if he still loved me.

  I pushed aside all of the petty things that had happened and sought real comfort from him. He had also known Daisy for a long time. She had once worked for him to protect me. Of course, he could relate to more than Paul could.

     He rubbed my back and hugged me till my crying stopped. By then, I was feeling too weak. My eyes were aching and my throat was cracked dry.
Jack must have noticed my fatigue.

  The male asked not for my permission, he just swept my feet off the floor and gathered me to his upper body. The feeling of being carried brought a warm fuzzy sensation to my chest. It relieved my feet of the burden of carrying my weight.

   "Let's go home."

I didn't respond. My whole body was in a state of complete exhaustion. So exhausted that my eyes closed on their own without any command.

--------------------------------

         ****JACK POV***

I pinched the bridge of my nose hard.
   My jaw clenched.
And my left fist hardened.

The image of Paul kissing Annie felt like a knife had been shoved deep in my chest and the assaulter was still pushing it in, aiming for more than my heart.

   I increased the force behind the fingers on my face till my skin started burning. A minute more and I'd have pinched the skin right off of my nose.

     Why are you so mad?
She's not yet yours.

Not yet? I questioned his conscious.
In my mind, Annie would always belong to me, whether she was dating someone else or not. I could snatch her away from any man. But I didn't want to entertain the thought of Annie falling for any other man, much less, Paul.

     "Jack?" Her low raspy voice slipped into my ears, prompting me to lift my head and turn it towards the bed. My bed.

  In the half-lit room, I could still see the sadness hanging on Annie's face like a mask. It dimmed her life and made my heart bleed a little.
     "Why, how did I get here?" She asked looking around.

She had lost her consciousness back in the hospital, leading to a blank memory in her head. I had driven her home and had the servants change her clothes for I did not trust my hands that deeply. What I did help with, was to wipe her face and hands. After that, I had sunk my angry ass on the couch and kept her company from a distance.

      "You passed out," I answered vaguely.

"Oh!"
She pushed the covers to the side and slipped off the bed. The night dress accidentally hiked up, exposing a generous portion of her ass.
Dammit!

They hadn't put anything under that dress.

    Concentrate Jack. She has just lost her best friend.

"Where are you going?" I asked fixing my eyes on that ass. She was yet to realize about the little wardrobe malfunction going on down there. And honestly, I didn't mind. I could stare at that ass wiggle all day and night.