52) Jealous much

****ANNIE'S POV****

The atmosphere feels too tight as our eyes glare at each other. His blue pair digs deeper into mine, searching for something while condemning me at the same time.
He suddenly frees my face and rises. The hands slide in his hip pockets, an arrogant posture if I might add. Who does he think he is? The King of the world? A god reincarnated?

"From today, you'll resume your work as my assistant," he speaks with a flat tone, his body towering over me like I'm nothing more than an ant.
Resume?
I used to be his assistant?
Why does it feel strange?

"Now tidy up my desk and when you're done, make me a cup of coffee."

I cross my arms under my breasts defiantly. "Why should I? What if you're lying just to punish me?"

Jack chuckled coldly. Chilly tendrils crawl all the way down to my stomach, creating a mesh of tension. The icy glint in his eyes is really terrifying. It makes me want to hop on my feet and clean the entire room till it's sparkling.
"Get up, and tidy, the damn desk!" He lets out a cold hiss.

My throat instantly dries up, more of the fear from Jack's glare and it may crack, forever damning my speech.
'Save yourself first idiot. You can plan your escape later.' The suggestion sounds more reasonable than trying to bolt out of the office. With his agility, catching up with me will not be a hassle. Which will make me suffer more in the end, so why bother fleeing?

My knees feel weak as I get off the couch and hesitantly walk towards the desk.
The books and files are all over the surface, pens litter the floor, and the monitor is facing the windows. What an untidy grown man.

In silence, I begin piling up the books and files orderly, careful not to peek at any information that could lead me into trouble.
Once I'm done with that, I kneel on the floor to pick up the pens, hoping not to see a used condom lying around here. After seeing him with Pattie, most of the cells in my body detest him.
I'm grateful he rejected me.

Everything goes into its rightful place except for the computer. I contemplate for a while whether to correct it or not. I can leave it as an act of defiance. It will show him that I'm not his maid and I can leave some messes untouched.

As I stare at the side of the monitor, the cologne from Jack grows stronger. Just as it registers in me what it means, a hand comes in sight from behind me and his body smothers on my back. His other hand cups my right shoulder while the left one pulls the monitor closer to us. He adjusts it till the screen now faces us.

"Was that hard to do?" Jack asks in a slow whisper that penetrates the ear his mouth is close to. "Or do you enjoy seeing me worked up as always, hm?"

Both his hands now cup my shoulders, holding me firmly like a predator's grip on their prey.
"Can...can I g-go no-"

He takes a deep inhale of the warm air, cutting me short. His right hand abandons my shoulder and comes sliding along my shoulder blade and fully encircles my throat.
My eyes grow double their usual size, and my mind races with all sorts of questions regarding Jack's odd attitude today.

Why does he terrify and thrill me at the same time? Was this what I was into? Thrilled by Jack's cold dangerous side!

The hand on my neck pushes my head up to lie back on his chest and further till all of my neck is left unprotected.
I know I should fight or scream for help, but my body responds to his touches like it was used to them. As if being in Jack's arms and nestled against his tall frame had been our thing. But dear lord, I cannot think right twice when he continues caressing my neck.

"Do you have anything better to do than, serve me?"
He rolls out the serve through a strange tone. One that sends butterflies full of life flying around my stomach. The tension grows unbearable, so does the odd sense of belonging I'm experiencing.

I want him to touch me more.
I want him to grab my neck and hiss in my ear like he had before.
His anger adds a layer of seriousness to his attractive face, more so to his eyes. I may be toxic.

"What did you see Annie?"

"Huh? See what?"

Jack's cheek presses against my temple before slowly turning till his lips come in direct contact with my skin. His beard is a little bit ticklish yet soft from maintenance.
Gawd! This moment feels too perfect.
Why am I such a horrible girl?
I have already witnessed Jack messing around with Pattie while her boyfriend is still around.
I also know that Jack rejected me in the past, so why, why am I still here?

Did Jack take me back out of pity?
Or does he plan to seduce me as well? If I were any younger, I would have sued him for his perversion. But I was already twenty-three, a grown-ass woman who knows right from wrong and can leave any time.

Nobody will care about what Jack is doing to me, but...do I even care about it myself?

"Don't act cute with me."

My breathing has already been tampered with, and so has my heartbeats. With his arm resting on my chest, I'm fully aware that he can feel the elevated beats of my heart.

"I don't know what you're talking about. But I heard you two discussing dirty things."

"Hh! Really?" What dirty things?" Jack questions as the hand on my neck snakes its way to cup my left jaw. "Please, I want to hear what you heard...and saw."

"I saw nothing. And you know damn well what you two were-"

I'm spun around like a toy with no regard for my feelings. Ha! What feelings? I'm thoroughly enjoying this kind of interaction with him.
His hand doesn't leave my face, but the other one now snares around my back, making sure I cannot escape. As if I have the power to walk right through a solid desk.

"How did you feel?"

"Nothing but disgust," I spit out sourly.

Jack laughs as though my words held a secret joke.
"You mean... jealousy?"

I gasp lowly stabbing his eyes with my glare. "You...who the hell do you think you are? Why would I be jealous of the two of-"
His thumb presses my lips shut.

"Sometimes you talk too much Annie."

"Mmmmmm...!" I muffle a protest which makes the older man chuckle amused.
As his laugh dies out, he leans down and places his lips right at my ear.

"About who I am, with time, you'll learn it by yourself. But I'm warning you, little devil, don't be too blunt with your jealousy or others might mistake our relationship."

The pounding of my heart makes me think it's just below my throat and ready to shoot out.
It reacts too intensely to Jack's words and his closeness.

I swallow a lump and sluggishly turn my head to the side. I want to test something, and it involves an intimate contact.
My head turns till the corners of our lips touch.
A bomb of emotions suddenly explodes in my heart and center.
Either Jack is experiencing the same sensation from the tightening grip on my shoulder, or he's having a muscle spasm. Obviously not the latter.

The moment freezes.
It's just me and him.
The corner of his lips against mine.
His hand on my face.
His arm on my chest.

"Don't push...this too far." Jack's whispers convey the internal conflict within him. This confirms my suspicions... he's a real pervert with a loose third leg.

My hands quickly shove him away from me but manage to move him only by an inch.