"Yes mere jaan. It's your Ebek"
Ebek nodded gently, his voice was soft and thick with the myriad of emotions that he was feeling.
Gulaab's turquoise eyes were a reminiscent of blue waters as they pooled up with tears.

"Ap agaye Ebek?"
With her question, Ebek understood the depth of her sadness, her longing, her emotions. She had felt the same since they got separated.
Any doubts and reservations that had lingered in his broken heart melted away.

"Main agaya mere jaan. Mujy Ana hy tha"
Ebek reached his thumb to brush away the tiny droplet that escaped her turquoise eyes.
Gulaab stepped closer, seeking comfort in his presence. Ebek instinctively wrapped his arm around her petite frame, drawing her closer, until her head rested against his solid chest.
This proximity enveloped him in her florally scent, Ebek tightened his hold, providing a safe haven for his little flower where she could find solace.
Gulaab could feel his heartbeat in her ear, a pleasant reminder that he was here with her and this wasn't an illusion.

"Tum hamesha mujy Apny Kareeb paogi Jaan-e-Ebek. Chahy Kuch bhi hojaye"
Ebek whispered softly in her ear as he cupped her cherub face in his calloused hands. His dark eyes zeroed in on her glistening pink lips. Gulaab felt her heart doing somersaults as Ebek bent down at once.
Their lips met in a gentle kiss filled with the longing, the desperation they had felt.
Ebek poured out his heart into the kiss, savoring the sweet taste of her lips, he could feel her delicate heartbeats in his own chest as he pulled her even more closer.
Gulaab stood on her tippy toes, as her lips met his with fervor, she couldn't help but surrender herself completely to the moment, to Ebek.
As their kiss deepened, time became an insignificant notion. Ebek parted after a while, relishing the way Gulaab took heavy breaths, her face tinted with a crimson hue due to the union of their lips.

"You look like a vision right now"
Ebek whispered in awe.
"When everything is sorted out. Promise me you'll wear something like this for me back home. Okay? Okay"
Ebek took a step back, creating a small distance between them and made Gulaab twirl around. As she twirled around, the skirts of her lehenga swirled with her, exposing her delicate legs. Her grace that she embodies so beautifully, left Ebek speechless.

"Haseen tareen"
The sight of her beauty was etched into his memory and Ebek longed for the day when they could be together like this. When Ebek could revel in her presence without a care in the world.
Ebek felt his emotions surged within him, overwhelmed by Gulaab's ethereal being. Ebek had this urge, a desire to whisk her away to a world where only they could exist, however it was albeit a fleeting dream.
Unable to resist, Ebek leaned in once more, capturing Gulaab's swollen lips in a passionate kiss. Their hearts were beating in unison as Ebek deepened the kiss.

"Even though I wanna stay right here with you for eternity. I would have to go. I'll sort things out. I know I have wronged you and your family but I'll make things right"
Ebek reluctantly pulled away, his eyes searched hers for understanding and acceptance.
Ebek's fingers brushed against the apple of her cheeks watching Gulaab close her eyes at his touch. Ebek knew that he needed patience and resilience for the storm that lay ahead.
Ebek won't let his emotions get the best of him.

"Promise?"
Gulaab tilted her head, Ebek smiled at her adorable expression and nodded gently.

"Promise mere jaan"
Ebek murmured, his voice filled with determination.
Their eyes locked in understanding as they shared a silent vow that their love for each other would flourish.

"Goodbye my baby. I love you"
Ebek whispered with devotion as he tied the bandana around his face, preparing to leave.
A sense of sorrow gripped his heart, knowing that he would have to leave Gulaab behind, for now.

"Until we meet again mere jaan"
With those parting words, Ebek turned away, carrying the touch of her lips, and the memory of her presence with him, and an unwavering hope the they will meet soon in different circumstances.
Gulaab stood there in wake of his departure. A tear cascaded down her cheek as his daunting absence lingered in the room.

~

The courtroom was shrouded in an eerie silence, several eyes were fixed on the judge, the anticipation was palpable as everyone awaited the judge's verdict.
The high profile case of Shadman Awarkzai had taken everyone by surprise.
In the front row, Ebek and Zaman were sitting together, their faces were devoid of any expressions as they stared ahead.
Their wheelchair bound father, Shadman Awarkzai was sobbing. However, his condition didn't sway their feelings of hate. They shielded their hearts against any trace of pity.
Shadman Awarkzai deserved the harshest consequences of his doings.
As the judge prepared to give his verdict, Ebek's eyes lingered on Shadman for a while longer, registering the pain on his face. It was a turning point for Ebek, for his life would finally be free from his father's grasp.

"Shadman Awarkzai, based on the evidence presented by Mr. Zaman and his attorney shahzaib sheikh. With the gravity of your crimes, you have been found guilty. I hereby announce the penalty that the jury deemed fitting-"
The judge's voice reverberated throughout the courtroom as he prepared to deliver the specific charges and implications of Shadman Awarkzai's crimes.

"-According to section 5, Sub-section 2 of prevention of corruption act 2017, you are hereby sentenced with 10 years of imprisonment with a fine of 2.5 crore. According to the Anti-Money laundering act 2010, section 21, a rigorous imprisonment of further 10 years is added which is non-cognizable. Moreover, taking the scientific evidence and DNA into consideration, the jury had decided upon a death penalty for rap*ng a minor"

As the judge concluded his pronouncement. Shadman Awarkzai fell from his wheelchair, making unintelligible noises as he pointed a hand towards Ebek.
Ebek felt the ache ricocheting deep in his heart at his father's state.
The police took their father away.
As the courtroom emptied out, Zaman gave Ebek's shoulders a squeeze in reassurance.
For Zaman and Armeena, justice had been served.
And for Ebek, the shadows of his father's crimes were left behind.

____________________________________

I struggled with a persistent writers block these past days but I'm glad I came up with the chapter.
Initially, I had planned on making this a very dark book with Ebek being a grey character, which he kinda was in the beginning but I can't make him and Gulaab suffer more. I think he had done enough in the past and he deserves a chance in happiness too.
With that being said, the ending is near guys. Let's just say, five chapters at max. Is it too soon? To me the pacing had been okay since the beginning.
What do you guys think?
Do vote and comment Cz I'm not gonna update early if there's little to no votes and comments. I need appreciation to yk *pouts*
If you guys are interested. Do check out my other works. "Blooming love" which is a collection of short stories, it has 3 completed story and an ongoing one as well. And also a short rom-com that I just started writing "Mischiefs of Daneen"

For those who support me, and comment on every update. I see you and I love you 🫶🏻