Another day, another dollar

The next few days flew by. Mom was getting her first set of treatments today. I said I would watch Hunter. I took him to the park. He is still small so I did not really think it through. He liked the birds. I was loading him in the car. "Ma'am!" I heard someone yell. I looked behind me and this younger guy ran to me. 

"Yeah?" "Hi my name is Blake and me and my father have a support group for young parents and I seen you and your little one and wanted to give you a flyer for our next meeting!" Blake introduced himself. I smiled "This is my younger brother" I told him. He widened his eyes " I am so sorry but still you should come! I think it will be nice for you and your younger brother and I would like to get to know your pretty face" 

I blushed. "I will consider it" He smiled "Great that's amazing! I hope to see you and little one there!". I nodded and he walked away. I got into my set. "Sissy might have just found you another brother!" He started laughing. 

My mom was tired. She looked tired. "Everyone we are going to take some pictures here!" Colden spoke. We got one of mom and the oldest kids and then all of her kids. Then we got some with the step kids. Then her grand babies.  Then we got some of all of us together. "Hey come here" Sage told me. I walked to her room and Colden followed behind. 

She shut her door. "Uh S- I can't say it" Sage looked at Colden. He sighed. "Tessa there is no easy way to say this but the doctor said that the treatment is probably not going to work. They give her a few weeks to live" My heart sunk. Everything froze. Me, my siblings, time. Nothing can prepare you to hear that news. 

"You're lying!" "I wish I was. I am sorry" I wiped the tears from my eyes and walked out the room. "I am going to the Gallaghers" I yelled and kissed my moms head. "I love you momma" "I love you princess" 

Walking into their house I already heard people yelling. "You are so full of shit Carl! You don't even love me!" Kassidi yelled. "I do love you!" Carl yelled. I walked in Lip's room to see if he was there. He was. He was smoking a cigarette and had a note pad. I had tears in my eyes and he did too. "Trouble in paradise?" I asked as I nodded my head towards Carl's room. He laughed. "I guess so" He told me. I went and sat next to him.

"Why the sad face?" I asked him. "My college professor died" He told me. My eyes got big. "Shit dude. I am so sorry Lip" I told him. "Sorry about your mom. I know that is not easy" He told me. "I don't know. I am sad about it when I was a kid but now. It is like she already felt dead to me. I just got the new she only has a few more weeks" I explained.

"Oh shit I am sorry Tess. But I understand. It makes sense on the already feeling dead." He told me. I gave him a hug and he returned. "I am having a sleepover with you tonight" I told him and crawled in his bed. "Fine with me just do not steal all my blanket!" He told me. "I cannot make a promise" I said.

"Do you need some clothes? I have some boxers and a shirt?" Lip offered me. "yeah I will take it" I went to the bathroom and changed. I walked out and Carl was waiting on me to get out. I smiled and he nodded. I wiped the tears out my eyes and nodded. 

"What's wrong Tess?" I shook my head. "Just my mom" "I am truly sorry Tessa." "It's fine" I mumbled. I walked to Lips room and twisted the door. "I can tell you are lying  Tessa. I know you" I smiled small. "I am not that important to explain my truth to someone" I walked in Lips room and shut the door. 

I was sleeping good until I heard annoying yelling . Lip was laid next to me. I tried to move where I would not hit him. I got up and made me some juice. I heard yelling outside. "I am going back to military school!" I heard. "Ugh I hate you" I heard the other person. Carl and Kassidi. She got up to open the door but I beat it to her.

"Move!" She yelled at me. "Baby don't yell at me I am not your man! And second if he wants to go make something of himself let him fucking go! and I am not the one baby girl do not get loud with me! Carl why do you even put up with getting bitched at? You both are crazy!" I spoke to them. "Why are you yelling at me!" She yelled.

"Do you want to hear yelling!" I yelled at her that time. She balled her fist up. "Hit me because that is the last time you ever hit someone" I told her. "Ugh I cant stand this!" She yelled and slammed and locked the door.

"Wait!" Carl yelled. "You cannot leave me or else I will die!" She yelled. They were yelling back but I had to pee. I went in the bathroom and peed. I opened the door. "Will you marry me today?" Kassidi asked. "Yeah I will" "yay thank you" She yelled. 

Well that is not something you want to hear first thing in the morning. "What is wrong with you guys?" I asked them as I grabbed my drink.  "Do not hate because I am getting married to your ex and you are not!" She shouted at me.

"I am not mad you are marrying him I am mad I will have to see you at every day family function" I shouted back. "You will not be invited to them!" She said. I looked at Carl. "if Carl is alive trust I am coming" I told her. "He will listen to me not you!". "Oh suck my tit!" I told her and flicked her off.

Carl had a little smile but she was mad. I went back to Lips room. "Here I got you some juice it will make you feel better" I tried to cheer him up. "Thanks" He took some sips and sat it on his nightstand. 

"Was that you and ole girl yelling down there?" I chuckled. "Some of it. She is just weird crazy" "Tell me about it! Every day they argue. "Oh Carl you do not love me because you are leaving me to go to the store" or "Carl you are the worst person to ever exist!" Damn can she just go fucking home!" I laughed as he mocked her. "I would be tired of myself if I acted like that. Hopefully she can get the help she needs one day" 

"I wish he was still dating you! You are not annoying and when you fight you have a good purpose" "He ruined his chance and got with that whining bitch. This is karma" "And it is!" I grabbed my purse. "Can I bring you these clothes back later I do not want to put my jeans back on" "Just keep them I have more" "Okay thanks. See you later and Lip.. Be smart and do not do stupid shit I love you!" 

He smiled. "You be smart to. I love you as well Dipshit" I shook my head with a smile and closed his door. I went downstairs. "Are you coming for round two?" Kassidi asked me. "Darling I am going to work, trust you are the least of my worries. Bye Carl" "Bye Tessa" "So you are talking to other girls?" 

Glad I am leaving. "Bye Liam see you later bud!" "Bye Tess!" I went home and showered and changed. I walked downstairs to leave. "Where are you going dear?" My mother asked. "work. Do you want me to bring you something home?" "No baby I am fine. Can you take for a moment?" "Yeah"

I walked to her. "I trust all my kids. I love you all. On my will I left everything in your name. I know you will divide it equally and fair. Just whatever you do make sure you save something for Hunter and Hazel." "Mom-" "It's okay baby. I just trust you the most" I smiled while tears welded in my eyes. "I love you mom" "I love you more than you could know" 

I worked tonight at Patsy. It was around 7 and I got a text from a random number. It was Kassidi and Carl married. "Dumbass" I whispered. I got off and cried the whole way home. I do not know why I am so emotional over everything. I slept in Colden's bed with Tavia while he worked.

I woke up and just laid around all day. I knew what it was leading to. Another episode. I got up and tried to keep my mind cleared of everything. It was hard.I went that meeting. Blake seemed pretty chill. Everyone there had a interesting backstory.

Maybe I can get through these hard times.