Chapter 09

Nick sees Katherine enter the boarding house with Klaus's blood after the sacrifice and after a dagger was shoved into Elijah's chest.

"I'll let you guys keep this but Nicky, you can heal him," Katherine says.

Nick and Elena are by Damon's side. He was accidentally bitten by Tyler while he was shifting on the night of the full moon. John Gilbert and Jenna Sommers are both also dead, and so is Jules. Nick saw Elena give Damon a kiss. It was sweet.

"How?"

"Damon, show him the bite," Katherine says as she walks over, and Damon does that. "Nicky, touch the bite. Siphon it."

"Really?" Nick asks.

Katherine nods. "I told you, I'd always help you, even if you hate me because of them," she says. "It was my blood that created you. I'll help you if you need it. Siphon his bite. Trust me on that, Nicky. I've never stirred you wrong."

Nick nods. She's right, she hasn't stirred him wrong with helping him. He places his hand over the werewolf bite on Damon's arm and his hand glows red.

"Just focus on that," Katherine encourages.

Elena's surprised at how Katherine is acting with Nick, but pleased. Elena's eyes go back to Nick's hand and Damon's arm. She looks at Damon's face and sees him regaining his color.

"I'll see you around, Nicky," Katherine says. "Take care of yourself. And Stefan gave up everything, even the lot of you, for that blood. He gave himself over to Klaus." She kisses Nick on his head and rushes out.

Damon pants when Nick stops. "Did you know you could do that?"

"No," Nick replies. "I had no idea, or else I would have healed Rose."

"That was awesome," Elena says. "You're something different, Nick, and it's a good kind of different."

"Yeah," Nick agrees. He smiles. "I am something different, aren't I?"

Elena laughs. Damon smiles a little and he looks at the two of them, thinking about his brother, worried.