Chapter 23

While Katherine lays dying in Stefan's bed, Damon opens the door to the boarding house when someone knocks. It's Elijah.

"Elijah!" Damon smiles. "Still my favorite Original."

"Niklaus and I caught wind that Katerina is dying," Elijah says. "I've come to say goodbye, I don't know where Niklaus got off to."

"Come on," Nick says from the background.

Elijah smiles when he lays eyes on Nick. "Nickolas." He walks over and he caresses his face. "You look good."

"You do, too," Nick says. "Come with me."

Elijah follows Nick upstairs and they go to Stefan's room. Katherine tenses up when she sees Elijah.

"Hello, Katerina," Elijah greets.

"Elijah," Katherine breathes. "You came?"

"I caught word of your dying," he says. "When did the rapid aging start?"

"When Silas fed from me," Katherine replies. "It was normal until then."

"What are they doing?" Katherine asks.

"Toasting to the ways you made their lives hell," Nick replies. "You're a bitch, Kathy, but I'll miss you."

Katherine lets a tear fall as Nick kisses her forehead. "I love you, Nicky," she says.

"I know," Nick says. "I love you, too."

Katherine watches as he steps out.

"Elijah..." Katherine says.

Elijah leans down and he gives her a kiss on her forehead. Her eyes flutter closed when his lips linger as Stefan goes to stop the others downstairs.

"Goodbye, Katerina," Elijah says. "It truly was good to know you."

"I chose you, Elijah," Katherine says.

Elijah nods. "I know." He stands and steps out.

Katherine watches as Elijah places a hand on Nick's face and Nick melts. She smiles and she glances at Nadia, her daughter, who is smiling at Nick and Elijah, too.
*********

Elijah and Nick reunite in a big way. They have their way with each other at the abandoned Mikaelson mansion, in Elijah's one room, on the floor. Elijah rips Nick like the dominate male he is, and Nick enjoys it like the submissive male he is. Elijah flips Nick to his back and as he thrusts into him hard, he leans down and he captures Nick's lips with his own, the both of them panting.  

Things have been insane in New Orleans and Elijah's missed Nick, he's missed his body, and everything else.

Elijah bottoms out and he releases inside of Nick right as his phone rings. He grabs it. "Bored already, Niklaus?"

Nick groans. "No! No Klaus while we're naked."

"Ah, not quite," Klaus replies as he watches Caroline pick her cardigan up off the ground of the woods, smirking. "Nor are you, brother."

"I ran into Nickolas whilst I was telling Katerina goodbye," Elijah says. "We came to the old place. It's dusty here."

"Rebekah is freeing Matt," Klaus says. "We should go soon. Say goodbye to your lover boy."

Elijah helps Nick up once the phone call is over and he kisses him gently. "I'll be in touch," he says. "Take care of yourself, Nickolas James." He gets dressed and runs out.

Nick stays naked for a moment. He then gets dressed once he learns that Katherine is gone and then he heads back to campus.