Chapter 16

Nick goes through his classes. Elena's went home because of some stress she's been going through. The heretic goes to his dorm and soon, he's letting Jase and his grimoire inside. They sit on the bed and they go through the natural spells from the Gemini Coven.

"Let's go get some food at the dining hall," Jase says after a few hours. "I'm starving."

"Yeah, that's a good idea," Nick replies.

The two hide their grimoires and they leave the dorm. Nick locks up and before they venture off, Alex leaves his dorm with a shirtless guy. Alex smacks his ass and the guys glares before going to a dorm at the end of the hall.

"Hey!" Alex smiles at Nick and Jase.

"Wanna grab some food with us?" Jase asks. "We're headed down to the dining hall."

"Oh, yes, please," Alex says. "Wait here." He disappears into his form.

"Alex is very only pansexual," Jase says. "We went to the same high school. His coming out was very public. He almost got expelled but our principal is gay, so he let him get off with three weeks after-school and lunchtime detention."

Alex comes out with a shirt and shoes on this time and they walk. He's talking them about Victor, the guy who he slept with last night and this morning. Nick and Jase listen to every word as they head to the dining hall. Caroline calls their names. The trio get their food and they sit with her.

"Caroline, right?" Alex asks.

"Yes!" Caroline replies. "How are classes going, Nick?"

"Great," Nick replies. "My Professors are all old, but that's okay. The older they are..."

"The more knowledge they hold," Clay says as he plops down with them. "Damn straight." He looks at Caroline with a smug expression that actually makes her blush. "Hey, sunshine," he greets. "Sorry we were distracted on Day One. We had to get our boy his books."

"No worries," Caroline replies.

"I wouldn't bother," Nick muses. "Her mom's a cop."

Clay shifts. "Very well," he says and he turns away from Caroline, which makes her smile brightly and she kicks nickunder the table.

"Ow! Caroline!" Nick whines, pretending to be hurt. "Why did you kick me? Did I embarrass you?"

"Where did the other one go?" Alex asks. "Elena."

"She left," Caroline says. "She's having some drama back home."

"That's too bad," Alex says. "She's hot."

"And taken, my friend," Nick muses.

"All the hot ones are," Alex says with a pout. "Victor is single. I might hit him up again tonight."

"You're ruthless," Nick says.

"I'm just horny, baby," Alex muses.

"Oh, that's it?" Nick grins.

Alex nods confidently. "That's it," he replies. "And they like me. I look good naked."

"I'll take your word for it," Nick replies in amusement.

Caroline even joins in on the conversation here and there. She likes Nick's friends he's made in his dormitory. She's happy for him. He's went and found his group that's not like his friends and family of the supernatural aspect back home and here, too.

She knew that college would be a good idea for him. That's why Caroline went hard and convinced Nick to apply to Whitmore, so that he could have more than what he has. And she thinks that having a friend as open as Alex will help Nick become more open about his own sexuality.
**********

Caroline watches as Nick and Jase perform some spells, teaching each other different spells. Care was amazed when she learned what Jase was. It made her approve of Nick's friends even more, even if Clay and Alex are human.

"Nick, you chose some good friends," Caroline says.

"I think so, too," Nick replies. "Why did Elena really go home?"

Caroline sighs. She gets up from the desk chair when the boys move the spell books and she sits between them before explaining the truth behind Elena's leaving college behind and going back to Mystic Falls.