Chapter 21

"I kinda met someone at that party last night," Alex says to Nick as they walk across campus together.

"That's great," Nick replies. "Who is it?"

"A girl named Noelle," Alex replies. "She's cute."

"Aw," Nick replies. "That's great."

Alex bumps shoulders with Nick. "You're not mad?"

"Not even a little bit," Nick replies.

Alex smiles. "You'll meet someone one day, Nick," he says. "I know it."

"I hope so," Nick replies. "Want to go grab some breakfast? I'm going to study in the library after."

"Yeah," Alex replies. "They're making pancakes today."

"Mm, I love pancakes," Nick says and they walk on pats Whitmore House and they go to the dining hall, where Elena is being injected with vervain in front of Aaron Whitmore.
*******

Nick goes to the library and he goes upstairs. He grabs the hook for business and he curls up in a beanbag chair and he opens the book. Soon, a freshman named Liam joins him and he studies Biology 101.

"Hey, I'm Liam," he says.

"I'm Nick." Nick shakes his hand. "What are you majoring in?"

"Biology," Liam replies simply. He's only a freshman, but he knows what he wants.

"Business," Nick replies.

Liam smiles and the two start studying.
********

Nick and Liam leave the library together hours later. They talk about their majors and why they're wanting to do those things.

"I'll see you around, Nick," Liam says when they reach the stair way. Liam has a dorm upstairs with a roommate.

"Yeah, I'll see you around, Liam," Nick says. He enters his form and he closes the door. He texts Caroline and asks her how she's doing with Stefan's safe PTSD.
*****

Nick studies for a while and he gets a text from Caroline that Stefan and Caroline are heaving sex. Nick snorts and sends her a devil smile emoji before he goes back to studying. He starts thinking about Elena because he hasn't heard from today. He closes his book and he thinks.