Sylara's gaze, on the other hand, remained fixed on Caleum as she patiently waited for him to make a decision. It was times like these that she wished she had the ultimate power to do as she pleased, especially to humans like him who thought they could escape consequences as long as they held titles and powers.

"What is it going to be, brother?" Reagan asked again, patiently awaiting an answer while Caleum struggled to control the anger brewing deep within his soul.

"Um, Reagan, I mean, King Reagan," the Queen Consort spoke, hoping to diffuse the situation. "I don't think it's a good idea to..."

Reagan interrupted her, saying, "Why are you speaking to me and not to your son? I gave him a choice. Normally, I would order him, but I am being kind enough to give him a choice here. Let's see which he loves more: his son or his position."

Caleum's fists clenched as his anger surged by the second. He was more than tempted to strike Reagan hard across the face and make him beg for mercy.

Underneath his countless torments, it was becoming increasingly difficult for Caleum to control the anger burning at the core of his soul, directed towards none other than his brother, Reagan.

"If you cannot make a decision, brother, then I will make it for you. From now on, Caleum has ceased to be..."

"Punish them," he said to the Vedans, stunning everyone. A small smirk graced Reagan's face. He had known his brother was too selfish to give up his position for his two sons, but at that moment, he was giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Reagan had wanted nothing more than to remove Caleum as the head of his army. Removing him seemed easy, considering he was the king, but it was more complicated than it appeared. He had made a promise he couldn't break.

"What did you say?" Reagan asked again, while Caleum clenched his fist and lowered his head before replying, "Let the Vedans punish them."

"Father, no!" his sons cried out, while Reagan inhaled deeply and said, "It seems he has made his decision. Go ahead and punish them."

He said while Yashira wanted to step forward, but Sylara stopped her and said, "Let me handle this, sister," she said, while Yashira nodded and stepped backward. Sylara walked towards the kids as she said, "Your punishment wasn't supposed to be this hard, but someone has to teach you a lesson since your father isn't man enough to do that." She looked at Caleum, flashing him a haunting smile before turning back to the boys.

Her eyes glowed red as she immediately commanded, "Kneel."

Without thinking twice, the boys fell to their knees as if they no longer had minds of their own, already being controlled by the Empyrean Queen herself.

She stretched her hands forth as she spoke, "By the ancient laws and powers, for the sin you've committed, I cast upon you the curse of endless nightmares. You will be trapped in sleep for two days, haunted by your worst fears. Every dream will be a relentless torment, forcing you to confront your deepest terrors. You'll wander in regret, seeking forgiveness from the depths of your being."

"The Nightmare Curse," the Queen Consort said as everyone gasped. It was one of the harshest curses, and although the boys would not die from it, they would wish they were dead.

Caleum's fists tightened even further as the boys immediately fell to the floor, fast asleep.

"Let this be known to your people, Dragon King. I have no interest in punishing humans as a guardian, but I will not stand by and watch humans do things that go against the simple laws of the Vedans. Be warned that the next punishment invoked on a human will be even worse than this," Caleum couldn't control his anger as he tried his best to refrain himself from confronting the Empyrean Queen.

He couldn't control his thoughts as he muttered in his head, "How can such a creature, who isn't even powerful enough to take a life, do this to me? Don't think this is over, Vedan. I will make sure to have your head for what you've done."

"You all are dismissed," the King said, and they all immediately left except the Vedans.

Sylara turned her attention towards the Dragon King as she said, "As for you, Dragon King, you and I need to have a word..."
.
.
.
.
Caleum stormed into his room, slamming the door behind him. His wife, who had been locked up in the room by him all day, rushed towards him and said, "Why did you keep me locked up in here? What's wrong? Why do you look so upset?" Before she could finish her sentence, he delivered a hard slap to her delicate face, causing her to fall to the ground.

She held her cheeks, tears filling her eyes as she stared at him in disbelief, wondering what she could have done this time to warrant such assault from him.

He stormed towards her, grabbing a fistful of her hair and forcing her to stand on her feet. "Go out there and see what your lover did to our son. Wasn't he always the better man to you? Wasn't he the man you wished you had married instead of me? Why don't you go out there and see what he allowed the Vedans to do to our sons?" he said, hitting her again, causing her to fall once more.

He took his anger out on various objects, including his wife, sending them flying across the room. He ran his hands through his hair angrily, through gritted teeth saying, "Reagan, I will be your downfall. All the power and control you think you have will soon be mine."
.
.
.
Please check out my new book"deluca maid" and also "save me from my husband "