The Darkness Comes

Start from the beginning

Cole: Oh, can we? Please? (He turns on the drill and people gasp.)

Zane: I do not think the city would appreciate that. They just finished rebuilding this freeway.

Cole: Aah. (He turns the drill off.) We're so late. And I can see the harbor right there.

P.I.X.A.L.: That's it. I'm getting out. (She presses button and top of the vehicle slides open. P.I.X.A.L. jumps out, leaping and flipping over the cars. Zane follows her.)

Cole: Hyah. (He jumps but slides into the back of a truck.) Hey, guys, wait up. My foot's asleep. (He gets up and sees the others making their way through the cars. Cole closes the top of the car and climbs out of the truck.)

(P.I.X.A.L. and Zane continue jumping and flipping.)

Dad: Oh, look, son. It's the ninja!

Kid: (Staring at his phone.) Yeah, right, Dad.

Cole: (He staggers through the line of cars and leaps, landing on the father's car.) Ow. (He slides off.) Come on, foot. (He opens the car door.) Coming through. (Son and father stare at him.) Sorry. (He slides out through the other door.) Ninja business.

Kid: Uh, Dad, did-did you see that ninja?

Dad: He just ducked through our car.

Cole: (He checks his foot and starts running.) Yes, finally.

(The trio jump over the police barricade.) 

Policeman #2: Hey, you can't go over there! The road is closed!

Cole: Sorry. It's an emergency.

Policeman #2: Oh. Uh, I didn't know. Never mind. Good luck, guys!

(Zane uses Spinjitzu, leaping over the road and creates an ice slide, to which they all slide down. Cole whistles to a driver.)

P.I.X.A.L.: To the harbor as fast as possible.

Zane: Keep the vehicle velocity within the permitted speed limit of a densely populated area.

(An audience is seen waiting for them. The waits on the podium. Their is drawn towards a beep.)

Audience: Hey, look. It's them. They're here. (Cole, Zane, and P.I.X.A.L. jump off and run towards the stage.)

Gayle: Okay, Vinny, on me. In three, two, one. We're live from Ninjago Harbor, where several of the ninja have just arrived to witness the unveiling of a new ship being presented to them as a gift from the mayor.

Commissioner: Thank you all for coming. Now, I'm not much for speeches, but the mayor asked me to say a few words. Not really sure why the mayor couldn't do this herself. Never around, really. It's a riddle to me how she got elected in the first place. And the funding of the police department is—Ahem. It gives me great pleasure to present this ship from the people of Ninjago City to the ninja, in thanks to their years of dedicated service. (Audience claps and cheers.)

P.I.X.A.L.: I wonder what it looks like.

Zane: Oh. I hope it's a tri-master like the Bounty.

Cole: Don't get your hopes up. Whatever it is, it won't compare.

Zane: You're right about that. (Cyrus Borg presses the button, and the drapes fall.) The Bounty was—