66. Confession

There was a boy she liked before, it was only one, and one-sided. She never confessed or even showed her feelings, because she felt that having a relationship during high school would only be a distraction to her studies.

That boy started dating one of her friends, and the feelings she kept died and disappeared. After that, she lost interest in intimate relationships even after becoming an adult, and the only boys who caught her eyes were idols and boybands.

She had never been touched and never been kissed.

So, at that moment, her mind was screaming about what to do next. Her wide-opened eyes shook as what was happening finally registered in her muddled mind. Her hands that caught in his slightly trembled and, unconsciously, she pulled them back but the Grand Duke didn't let go.

From the romance books she has read when a sudden kiss like that happens, the woman would either push away the guy out of shock or respond to the kiss.

But Mona did neither.

First of all, her hands are caught, and pushing is not an option, since, admittedly, she was indeed shocked but reluctant to end the kiss. And secondly, she doesn't know how to respond.

Does she need to open her mouth first? Then what's next? Mona wondered.

"Pfft."

She blinked twice after hearing that muffled laughter. Thinking that somebody might have seen them and started to laugh, she turned her head sideways to look for the witness.

"Ahahahahaha."

But immediately spun her head towards the Grand Duke, who was holding his stomach with his right hand while the left rested on her knees, laughing wholeheartedly all while his face was bright red.

Mona was dumbfounded.

What happened? Wasn't the Grand Duke kissing her? Or is the kiss just her illusion? Mona blinked again, but the image of the Grand Duke's blushing face with a wide grin on was still in her front.

"W-What?!" She asked hysterically, unsure of how to react.

Hiding his grin behind his hand, Kyden answered while stifling his laughter, "Nothing... just... hahaha... adorable... you are... haha." He cleared his throat, stood, and sat beside her again, ".... you should at least close your eyes."

".... w-what...", She blushed when she realized that while she was thinking what to do, the Grand Duke probably had pulled away already, witnessed her dumb face, and might even guessed her stupid thoughts.

'..!....Did I open my mouth when he already....!...fuck!..', She hid her horror-stricken face in her palms and screamed without a sound. She wanted to run away, but she would only look more stupid if she ran with her hands on her face.

In the end, she bit her lower lip and gathered the courage to ask him. Better to face the truth than run away from it, literally.

".... d-did you see....", She uttered in a small voice.

"Hm?" Kyden answered without looking at her.

Although she was covering her face with her head bowed down, she could tell him still trying to stop himself from laughing.

She bit her lips and tried to calm her beating heart, but every time she remembered the feeling of the Grand Duke's lips on her, heat rose on her face and her chest would drum again.

".... I am sorry, for laughing." Said the Grand Duke after a few minutes of awkward silence. His voice was firm and clear once again, but his sentence brought fear to her.