54. Finding answers (2)

"I have never seen it either."

Mona's shoulders sank after listening to Sandra's answer.

They found her at the library, wiping dust on books. She was surprised to see her doing such a chore since she always thought that Sandra's job was to attend to her only.

The library inside the Grand Duke's castle is huge. It has two levels where shelves reach up to the second level's ceiling. Books are stacked properly and some scrolls are laid on the tables, which Mona guessed as maps.

There was even a scale model of the entire northern territory on the huge table in the center, encased inside a transparent glass box. Windows are less so lamps mounted on the walls are lit, even if the day is yet in noon. It gives the interior a very serene yet cozy atmosphere.

And the smell of old books even made the room warmer and more tranquil. But the presence of potted plants neatly arranged in every corner of the room gives more life inside.

"You said you've read it somewhere?" Kyden asked. He was leaning on a shelf calmly while his hands were folded in his chest.

Sandra nodded obediently.

"So then, where is this 'somewhere' you're talking about?" He asked again, expecting an answer from her after emphasizing his words.

"The...Holy Nation, your grace. At the library."

Mona noticed her maid's discomfort. She intercepted their conversation and answered at the Grand Duke's place instead.

"I've already read everything in the holy nation's library, be it in every temple. But I've never encountered a book that contains about dreamcatchers and their alters." She said casually. Observing Sandra's expressions.

The maid looked at her with unreadable eyes. Her stare was intense which tells Mona there was something else.

"Was it inside the hidden library? The great ancient library you mentioned before...." Her words trailed off when she saw her friend's hand shook lightly.

That's right. She remembered Sandra telling her about the hidden library, and why it was hidden. But she also said that entering is prohibited and only the Oracle can get inside.

She quickly turned her head towards Kyden and spoke, "I think we should just visit the south. If it's a relic that shelters demons for hundreds of years, then I'm sure some evil aura still lurks on it. We can just find it by tracing negative elements."

The Grand Duke raised an eyebrow. She smiled after thinking that the man was probably seeing her as stupid for suggesting such an idea, knowing how vast the southern territory was. But in the end, Kyden only sighed and nodded.

When the sound of a heel hitting the marble floor caught their attention, they all turned on the entrance to find out who was coming.

Marcus came out and looked at them with a dumbfounded expression on his face. He must have been wondering why everyone was staring the moment he stepped in.

Clearing his throat, he began to tell his purpose, "Your grace, a letter from the royal palace has arrived."

Kyden paused for a moment, then he put down his folded arms and stood straight.

Turning in her direction, he said, "I'll be back."

She nodded and followed him with her gaze. She also smiled when she met the attendant's eyes who bowed lightly at her.

When the two men were gone, she shifted her head to Sandra and asked her casually, "Do you still do chores even after being my lady-in-waiting?"

Sandra looked at her and answered, "No, my lady. I was just... cleaning the library whenever you spend time alone or with his grace."