12. Crimson Forest

Four kingdoms lie on the western continent of the world.

The Holy Nation is surrounded by seas on the north of the continent.

The Semaria Empire on the east.

The Leymar Kingdom in the south.

And lastly, on the west lies the Abraz Kingdom.

The domains on the east, south, and west are connected by a forest. Placed in their middle. This forest was originally a boundary for all three kingdoms, but no one wanted to claim it. So, the forest, with a size as large as a province, became an independent land belonging to no one.

The reason was that the land contained a high density of poisonous miasma. A vapor that only inhuman creatures can take and live with.

That is why the forest became known as the home of monsters and demons.

The forest is named after the attractive color of the tree leaves that cover the entire forest.

Crimson Forest.

The forest of eternal fall.

Where whoever enters cannot leave.

Agonizing and terrifying howls are heard within the forest. Any citizens who heard of the name felt scared just by thinking of it. And the surrounding areas of the forest, where villages should have been, was, therefore, became an abandoned place.

The crimson forest was also believed as the 'womb' of the monsters. As the place where such creatures were created. Due to this, to end the continuous monster attacks on the three kingdoms, they perform expeditions for monster extermination.

But not a single member of the many expeditions who have entered the forest returned. In addition, monsters only kept increasing and invading the human realm.

The only thing the people of each country could do was to subjugate the monsters entering their premises.

"The knights of the third squadron that have been dispatched to the Omun province are requesting enforcement. The royal palace is requesting aid to the Knights of Iz.'" Marcus read the letter sealed by a royal stamp earlier.

The letter contains information on the current situation on the expedition dispatched to subjugate monsters. But unfortunately, it is said that monsters already invaded the Omun province, the area that sits next to the abandoned villages near the crimson forest.

And since a tiny part of the crimson forest rests on the northern territory of the Grand Duchy of Adri, the Grand Duke is always open to help in return for his favor to strengthen the barrier on the territory's covered part of the forest by the tower's magicians.

There are circumstances where a strong barrier can be put and used to prevent monster attacks, it can only work on small parts. Since a magical barrier is considered one of the hardest enchantments and consumes plenty of mana.

But the Omun province is a direct path to the forest, so its entirety cannot be covered in barriers and can only be guarded by knights.

The third squadron was led by a royal knight in command, Marquess Luven Vandross.

The Grand Duke, aside from being the loyal imperial shadow of the king, one who receives an order of utmost confidentiality, was also a royal knight in command of the second squadron. But he normally handed over the command to his second-in-charge since he was already occupied by his territory's matters and his knights.

The commander of the first squadron is none other than the imperial knight's commander, Sir Noah Evans. They are the ones responsible for the safety of the imperial family.