4. Finally took a bath

The travel took longer than Mona had expected. She began to feel really itchy, so along the way, she kept scratching her head and slapping her body as if slapping some flies off. Which also made the Grand Duke vigilant to any approaching imaginary fly.

"We have arrived, my lord." The coachman informed them.

As soon as the door was opened, the Grand Duke bolted out immediately.

"Walk ten steps behind me."

Mona had no choice but to roll her eyes. She got that she looked and smelled unpleasant, but weren't noblemen in this kind of era brimming with manners and gentlemanly? How come the first nobleman she met was so rude and foul-mouthed?

"Where are we going?" She asked instead of grumbling.

She knew that the place was the palace of the empire, it was obvious due to the knights stationed from their positions and some noble-looking men wearing uniform clothing rushing here and there. Some even bowed toward the Grand Duke and glared at her.

"Meeting hall." Grand Duke answered.

"With me looking like this?!"

Surprisingly, the man stopped and turned back. He realized it would be rude to present the dirty woman in front of the dignitaries of the Holy Nation and His Majesty. He then grabbed a passing servant and pointed at her.

"Clean that lady. Dress her properly. Make it simple. Then send her right away to Lotus Meeting Hall. Make it quick." Said he, then walked away after.

Mona was left looking at his back. He seems to be in a hurry.

"Follow me." The servant who received the order spoke to her condescendingly.

She wanted to retort. Her attitude doesn't like people who judge easily, are prejudiced, and are narrow-minded. She always wanted to slap words to those kinds of people. Nag at them for being so self-righteous and narcissistic.

But Mona knew she had no power to do that right now. In a world unfamiliar to her, she has no other choice but to follow along in the meantime. Once everything was settled, she was thinking of studying her new world. Its history, norms, language, and culture.

'That is if I come out here alive.'

She followed the female servant. They entered a room with six single wooden beds. The servant took a pile of worn-out clothing above one of the beds and threw it at her.

"The bath is that door. Clean yourself and come out quickly." She said while pointing at the other side of the room.

She went inside and saw a tub filled with water. The room seems like a servant's room. She stepped inside and submerged herself after observing the temperature of the water. Once she was already settled, she leaned her head on the edge of the tub and closed her eyes.

After all the things that happened to her, exhaustion enveloped her body, and not even a few minutes passed, her vision already became dimmed and gradually fell into darkness...

***

Mona opened her eyes to an unfamiliar place once again. It wasn't the bathroom where she was supposed to take a quick bath only. It was a room belonging to a child.

The room was filled with books, she thought it even belonged to a student or a young adult at first, but when she saw the dolls lined up on the clean white bed, she realized it was the room of a young girl.

A face flashed in Mona's mind.

'Is it her room?'

She walked around and looked over things. The books are all academic and some are even about theology. Some weird things are even scattered on the floor. But she thought kids sometimes picked up weird things after all.