52. Don't leave a mess behind (2)

"Don't leave after messing me."

Her eyes shook at his words.

She secretly pinched herself to ensure she was no longer in her dreams. That the man in her front wasn't just an object created by the sly dreamcatchers, waiting and welcoming her with open arms.

She slowly stood while holding his gaze with her eyes. Standing face to face with him, she lifted her hand and... lightly slapped his handsome face.

"What....are you doing?" The Grand Duke asked with his brows furrowed.

Resting her palm on his cheek, she answered softly, "In my dreams, you were also standing like this waiting for me. So, I'm checking..."

Her palm touching his cheek exuded a bright light, and the traces of weariness and fatigue on his face vanished. His complexion became better.

When she finished, she pulled her hand back and started to speak.

"I....dreamed of my family. My father died when I was young...but in that dream, he was alive." She lowered her head and continued, "I have so many things I wanted to achieve and show him my accomplishments. But in my reality, both are impossible. He was dead, and I'm a disappointment so...."

She stopped speaking when her voice trembled. She always cried in the Grand Duke's presence, and it embarrassed her that he always saw her pitiful state. So, she stopped to prevent her tears from completely breaking out.

But her efforts were in vain when big and warm arms embraced her.

Tears started to fall. And she wondered why warm hugs are always capable of bringing out restrained emotions.

Sniffing in his arms, she asked a silly question, "Is it you, Olaf?"

The Grand Duke patted her back and answered, "No. But who even is that?"

She chuckled, but it turned into a muffled noise, "It was a fictional character in my world. A snowman who always gives a warm hug."

"How is that possible? Snow feels cold."

Mona hid her smile on the Grand Duke's coat and tightened her grip on them.

"It does. Yet it surprisingly warm..." She whispered. She squeezed his coat once more before wiping her tears rapidly and lifting her head again.

She was flustered after meeting the Grand Duke's eyes just a few inches away from hers. And she was sure, blood rushed on her cheeks. Hiding her flushed cheeks by lowering her head again, she breathed in and out repeatedly to calm her racing heart.

But it was hard for her heart to settle when the Grand Duke's hands weren't releasing her. So, putting both of her hands on his chest to keep her distance between them, she cleared her throat and began to speak again.

".... I intend to just stay for a week...but then I got greedy and... felt happy. Before I knew it, months passed already." She looked at him and continued, "When I decided it's time to go back... you appeared."

Staring at her intently, he replied, "What did the 'me' in your dreams do?"

"You...." Her words were paused after recalling the part of her dreams where the Grand Duke appeared. When she left her home and decided to go back, the dreamcatchers created him to seduce her into staying.

The dream became steamy and embarrassing. And if only she didn't feel guilty and embarrassed from having such desires, she was afraid it would convince her to stay longer. She felt blood rushing on her cheeks again, so she hardened her expression to hide her blushing. "...became my manservant."