63. A fight between the knights

"Yeah!"

The Knights of Adri, both from the Grand Duke's squad and the knights guarding the fort, are jumping on their seats and cheering loudly to their respective warriors.

"Finish him, Chief!"

Shouted a knight on the opposite side of where Mona sat. She eyed the knight and sent daggers through her deathly glare, but unfortunately, the knight dodged her daggers by not noticing her.

"Slash him up! Open his guts!"

She immediately averted her gaze from the enemy camp and directed it to where the second shout came from.

There, in the front row just a few steps below her, seated Luven, throwing some passionate words to where his bet at enthusiastically.

She laughed at him, thinking how the marquess became undignified and foul-mouthed after tagging along with them. But knowing that his actions were affected because of her, her heart was moved but also felt a bit ashamed.

Shouts came from all over the place. The arena where most of the knights gathered is rambling in chaos.

"Win it, Captain!!"

Another voice dominated the noises. Pierre's overzealous shouts reverberated, lifting the energy of his comrades, the ones who belonged in his circle.

"Make him lose, Chief!"

Another energetic shout went above the noise. It belonged to a knight wearing the same uniform as the Adri Knights, only the color of their cloak brooch was different.

Silver ones belong to the squad that guards the main castle of the Grand Duchy of Adri, and bronze-colored ones to the knights guarding the fort. But the shape is all the same. The insignia of the northern Grand Duke's element, snowflake.

The crowd was divided into two groups, one massive and another smaller. Most are seated on a row on an elevated platform, while few are standing, too engaged in cheering and so engrossed in the sword fight between the captain of the Grand Duke's knights and the head knight of the fort.

Sir Lionel Ferrer and Sir Jezril Hans.

Mona watched the two entitled swordsmen exchange blows and attacks and was constantly amazed at their talent. It seems like the fight will continue until dusk since it is already noon and yet the two knights are not even fazed by the sun or even getting tired.

Still, Mona chose to stay and watch until the battle was finished. Watching a sword fight between veterans may help her to improve her own, and gain more knowledge in terms of sword techniques and strategies.

The surroundings are too loud. Men shouting at one another is making her head throb painfully, but she remained in her seat and just focused her attention on the fight. Sometimes she would stifle a laugh at her brother's worsening vocabulary and would glare at anyone who badmouthed the captain.

Lionel swung his sword upward with an unbelievable speed, yet the head knight, Jezril saw his attack beforehand and jumped backward to dodge the sword. But the captain came on him again with another sword slash, and the head knight defended himself with his sword, before taking the offense.

'Sir Lionel is a bit aggressive in fighting while Sir Jezril is too careful and sharp-eyed.' Mona thought.

She felt proud that her eyes could still catch up with their movements, even when they were fighting with so much ardor and agility.

She thought that the captain's way of fighting might have been adopted from battling monsters, while the head knight being observant was because of his job to scrutinize every person that would pass through the boundary.