5. Unexpected turn of events

"Truly, the body is the same, yet the soul bears no resemblance to its owner."

The man's words are like a riddle. A riddle that was so obvious to the one it talked about. It made Mona tremble a bit. This gentle-looking guy seems to have an idea of what happened.

In this world, Luna was tagged as a criminal, and evil, although Mona does not know exactly why that is, having incarnated into her body may bring danger in the future if she ever survives this meeting. The people will surely maltreat her.

So, if Mona was given a chance to escape that, she'd take it. But who would believe her if she said something like she's just an outsider and a different soul that just so happened to inhabit Luna's body? And now someone has appeared and said those words.

Mona had decided. She gulped before confirming what the long white-haired man asserted.

"How....did you know that?"

"Hmm. Responding like that....is like you are admitting you are not the real Lady Evangeline." The golden-haired guy answered her instead.

Mona looked at him while fighting the urge to cover her eyes because the man was so bright! She wanted to stare and admire his face more, but ever since she was young, she had a condition where her eyes hurt with even just a glare of brightness. It isn't to the point of having photophobia, maybe just a bit of light sensitivity. She was the kind of person who preferred darkness more than light.

"Yes. I'm not."

"Isn't it obvious? She did not even bow to you, nor fear your presence, Your Majesty." The Grand Duke pointed out. "Even the lady knows fear towards her king."

Mona agreed with that. But instead of nodding, she just gaped at the man beside the Grand Duke.

'So, that was the king!'

How young and dashingly handsome! Mona originally thought the king was the one who recognized her soul, and the blonde lady beside him was the queen. And so, the guy beside the Grand Duke is their son, since he has the eyes and the hair of the two mentioned earlier. Because of that knowledge, Mona didn't know if she should bow and greet him or just ignore it.

The king smiled and stroked his chin. "Lady Evangeline is a master of her craft. How could we say she wasn't just pretending?"

"There is a way to find out." The white-haired man, whose name was still unknown, responded.

The blonde lady, who was only observing everything from her seat stood up and took something out of her sleeves. Now that she was closer, Mona somehow thought their clothing resembled the clothing of ancient China.

She focused her gaze on the thing the blonde lady put on the table. It was a white crystal ball the size of a large apple. It doesn't have any base or podium, and the only thing keeping it from rolling away is the golden cloth that was used as its cover. But when the lady's hands left the crystal, the crystal's color became brownish.

Mona can't help but be amazed and wonder. It's like witnessing high-class magic right before her eyes. She can't even believe that such things could exist. She thought of preparing herself for seeing weirder and out-of-her-world surprises.

The golden blonde lady then uttered. "This is an ancient relic created by the first highest priest and was used for identifying the child of God back then. It has the ability to show the soul's nature."

'Even her voice is so somber.' Mona thought.

Everyone except Mona, who doesn't belong in that world, knew the history of the Great Seeker of God's Child. It was about the highest priest who devoted himself to creating the crystal upon receiving a revelation that God's child had descended on the land.